Save the Monsons

/ #15

2015-03-10 21:29

I would like to formally object to the demolition of the Monson Arms and its redevelopment into a nursing home for the following reasons:-

1.This facility is required for many different social teams, i.e. Darts, Football, Poker. Of which, if the Pub was to go nearby pubs would not be able to accommodate these teams

2.This is a venue used by the community for social functions i.e. Weddings,Christenings, Funerals and many other social events. If we were to lose the Moson Arms it would be very difficult if not impossible to arrange these events. This would impact the community deeply.

3.The Monson Arms has operated as a polling station for many years. These are the unseen services that the pub has offered as well as others.

4.Nearly 3 years ago The Wildlife pub approx 1 mile from the Monson Arms was demolished and the land left derelict. This land should be utilised before exploiting the land where the Monson Arms resides.

5.If a nursing home was to be built there is problems with its proposed location. Firstly, it would be directly next to a very busy Academy and there is noise that comes with that. Is this the ideal situation? Secondly, Skellinthorpe Road can become gridlocked at various parts of the day, if emergency services were required at the nursing home would they be hindered by this traffic?

6.If a nursing home was to be built the former Wildlife site would have multiple points of access during busy times. This would be far better suited than the Skellithorpe road in the event of an emergency.

7.If this pub was to be lost there is a considerable distance until the next one, this would encourage drink driving indirectly.

In short, If this pub is lost It will leave a massive hole in the community.