Pensford Tennis Club - floodlights petition

/ #10

2014-08-11 00:34

abcdef abcdef

Being one of the tennis coaches at the club, I am in a position to see how the tennis courts are used on a daily basis throughout the year.

3 extra flood lit courts especially in the winter when it gets dark early, would make a big difference for the club and it members. It would allow families to exercise and spend more time together. Teenagers as well as young adults would be able to play tennis in the evenings with their friends and siblings, work on social skills and at the same time spend less time on the streets or in front of computer, surfing the net or playing video games for too long. Working adults who can only play in the evening would benefit too.

Present situation simply makes it very difficult for families with young kids, teenagers, young adults and working adults to play tennis after school/work in their own arrangement.

The new flood lit courts would also enable coaches to respond to the demand for coaching and  provide individual and group lessons in the evenings during the week which at present is almost non existent. This could potentially lead to employment of new coaches too.

I am sure it is important to preserve the bats which I have not seen so far but have seen hundreds of parakeets. They have greatly increased in numbers in a very short period of time and maybe soem effort would need to be put in controlling their rapid growth in numbers.