KEEP THE PUNK SHOW ON BBC RADIO 1

misfit

/ #66 Punk Show

2014-07-22 08:54

Listening to the punk show allows me to catch up with bands I grew up with such as The Clash,Bad Religion, Social D, The Offspring, Rancid, NOFX, Alkaline Trio etc and also allows me to listen to newer bands I may not necessarily listen to now I am at that age where I do not necessarily keep up with newer bands but on the back of hearing these bands on the punk show I went to see New Town Kings and The Murderburgers to name just a few.

Also where would I be able to listen to such a broad range of bands from New Town Kings, RX Bandits to Off with their heads. Also I would never have heard Off with their heads without the punk show and I am sure I am not the only one.

When I was younger I played in punk and rock bands and this show offers these newer bands an instant market my generation never had and I think that is fantastic. It also allows good bands to flourish. I went to see The Computers, which I never would without the Punk Show, and they were excellent and then they graduated to Reading. I do not think this transition would have happened as quickly without their Maida Vale session reaching a larger audience.

To the question who listens to the radio these days. I listen to the Punk Show with Mike Davies when I am in the office through iplayer and so do some of my colleagues and my friends so please do not think music at midnight does not have an audience. With the introduction of iplayer it means we can listen to the punk show wherever we want and whenever we want.

Best

M