No To Whitchurch AD Plant

Guest2

/ #42 Absolutely NOT A sensible idea to Whitchurch Power problems

2014-07-02 12:24

#41: Guest - A sensible idea to Whitchurch Power problems

You are missing the point.  This isn't to do with power problems in Whitchurch, but rather specifically to do with Grocontinental making a business decision that an AD plant will be the most profitable solution to their increasing requirement for power.   Speaking as a resident whose children need to walk down that road, who go to school within smelling distance, and who are members of sports clubs also within smelling distance - I would much prefer solar panels, wind turbines, or indeed Grocontinental installing the substation they have permission to do.  This would be infinitely preferable to stopping my children walking to school due to substantial increase in HGV traffic, together with the almost certain and constant smell generated.   Unfortunately it would appear that whilst the AD will make certain and ongoing profits for the Grocott Family, the other green (or none green) alternatives will give nowhere near the same profit margin.  I would note that none of the Grocott Family live in Whitchurch and they chose not to educate their children in local schools.  Therefore the increase in HGV and associated pollution, the smell, the noise and all the other associated anti-social elements to do with this site are not going to effect them.  Yes, by all means we should encourage them to go green with their vast power requirements - but this should not be at the expense of the quality of life of the residents of Whitchurch.