Saving CYTO

Antoinette Smith

/ #57 DONT YOU DARE CLOSE CYTO !

2011-03-14 22:55

CYTO has changed my family and me for the better! I am a current member at CYTO and i say that if you close it will be one of the biggest mistakes the government will ever make! CYTO has helped me with my singing dancing and confidence skills, has given me the chance to do things that i thought i would never be able to do and only because they have the time and the facilities to do it in. If you got rid of the facilities, teachers and time that CYTO has you will lose a big number of youth to crime within Croydon. You can’t expect CYTO to do what they are doing with less than half the time and no facilities it’s actually ridiculous. You will have way more problems to deal if you closed CYTO than if you kept it open. They accept everyone from everywhere people who are disabled people who may not be the best at what they do but still, they make the most out of what they have, encourage us all and keep our spirits high.
Another amazing thing about CYTO is that the price. For the year it is only £60! To come ANY DAY of the week to do ANYTHING THEY OFFER. If you think about any other performing arts organisation CYTO asks for nothing in return to what they give us. CYTO offers so much too so many different people that if you did close it the Government will hear about it. There is so much to keep and so much to gain so closing it will be a very harsh and wrong disiciuon to make. Fair enough you’re trying to make cut but cut something that won’t affect the next generation of the borough. The next generation of this borough is what you should be concentrating on making sure they get everything they need for if they don’t have what they need to have a good confident happy life how will they pass it on to their children? This cycle will continue if the people don’t talk. I’ve always been taught that if I’m not happy about something then I should say something because if I don’t talk THEY WON’T LISTEN.
So this is my saying something
Close CYTO and feel the pain
Keep CYTO and feel the gain.

Antoinette Smith
Active member of CYTO.