PetitionOnline.uk

Save Maidstone's Music Festivals

Contact the author of the petition

Guest#1 Jul 28, 2016, 22:00
Please sign and fight the common misconception touted by Councils that live music brings rowdy and drunken crowds onto the streets and puts additional pressure on policing. A well run Festival brings business, tourism and untold joy to thousands, let's keep that dream alive
Guest#2 Jul 29, 2016, 07:44
We are fortunate in Maidstone to have these events so very near to us. Music is important and it would be an incredibly sad day to have these lovely festivals and the choice taken away from us just because of a few disgruntled people.
Guest#3 Jul 29, 2016, 09:49
I do believe bringing people together as a community can only be a good thing to celebrate together, an should not be stopped
Guest#4 Jul 29, 2016, 10:05
Various musical events appeal to all walks of life, young and old. Keep Maidstone a buzzing, vibrant town. We are the County Town of Kent after all.
Guest#5 Jul 30, 2016, 08:17
As normal the minorty try to spoil it for thousands that enjoy it, and with only a few complaints from hundreds that live by the avent
Guest#6 Jul 30, 2016, 09:43
I'm a resident and the noise doesn't bother me and i like to go to the events occasionally! Maidstone does really good music events it would be a shame to stop
Guest#7 Jul 30, 2016, 11:48
I agree that for the few days each year, PLEASE could local residents - of whom I am one! - just be a little more relaxed about outdoor music/drama etc events held in Maidstone?! I've been to both Ramblin' Man festivals and other music events in Mote Park and they are great. They bring visitors and revenue to the area and it shows that Maidstone Borough Council are doing their best to cater for all entertainment tastes. I'm a 60 year old lady, NOT a 'rowdy youngster', who pays her Council Tax and is appreciative of what the Council is allowing. By the way, I put up with local noise and disturbance just about EVERY weekend from late-night pub-goers returning home in the early hours, inconsiderate drivers who are seemingly unable to leave their vehicles to ring a doorbell and resort to sounding their horns to attract attention of their friends inside their house! I could go on . . . . . !! Could we have a more positive attitude please?????!!!!!
Guest#8 Jul 31, 2016, 15:28
It is incredibly important to allow music culture to grow in Maidstone as it brings culture and tourism to the town