PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY

PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY / Announcements / Thank you / Comments

2014-06-05 18:15

Thanks for everything you did to try and stop this hideous development. Just goes to show that people power means very little and that it is still 'who you know' that matters. Mr Truelove should hang his head in shame.

2014-06-05 18:17

This is still probably the worst possible position for a school in the country ( and I don't even see it from my house) I cannot believe the pen pushing local councillors have approved it And where is my local councillor to represent my views? Moved to Norfolk !!! You could not make it up!!! Thank you all for your efforts From Ray Mason 59 Ruins Barn Road
Ray Mason

2014-06-05 20:22

I don't know how much more you could have done This must rank as the worst position for a school in history and all those associated with it should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves especially the Church of England although I am sure this is more out of ignorance than malevolence
Truly an cataclysmic mistake
Thank you for trying
The Sadlers

2014-06-05 21:31

Thank you to everyone who worked tirelessly in the best interests of Tunstall folk. We dread what this will mean for us all. Sad times ahead.

2014-06-05 21:40

Agree with the other writers such a shame all the efforts counted for nothing but we can still continue to complain about it to who ever will listen

2014-06-05 23:23

Genuinely feel that all who supported the proposal for the new school have acted shamefully; especially Truelove, the Headteacher, the Church and the parents (KCC is only concerned with targets not with your children). Let's hope it's not the occurrence of some awful accident that makes them realise it. What new school wants to begin with the immediate community so justifiably anti their lunacy in choosing this site? No representation from a local councillor, Henderson not seen, and the whole hasty process somewhat dubious particularly with the manipulation of figures and the Head's (correct) presumption of success as shown in those children's letters. Clearly the 'message justified the means'. I don't overlook the school but all of us should be concerned about our local environment, are affected by these crass decisions and the quality of those who are responsible for them.

2014-06-06 09:23

Thank you to the Parish committee and all the volunteers who put up such a valliant fight to show what will really happen once the new school is built.Many generations of school children have been robbed of the warm and secure experience of a real village school and all local residents will feel the unwelcome intrusion of many extra vehicles in this area.

2014-06-06 16:56

Am sorry to hear that the petition did not get the result we wanted, but at least we did try.

2014-06-08 20:46

When I saw the head of the KCC Paul Carter at the school about two years ago I thought the outcome of the new school proposal was unfortunately was not in question. Clr Willicombe representing Woodstock but residing in Licolnshire has been shamefull and as for Roger Truelove, they all have hidden agenda's. Lets hope the doubling of school places resulting in alot more traffic works well as suggested by the consultation plans and all the mothers can drop off the children in the car park without getting out of their vehicles. Gone are the days when we used to walk to the school and all the pupils were local.... problems ahead I fear