Steve's High Five Petition

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Steve's High Five Petition.

2013-10-30 21:38

I have 4 children who pass 'Mr Steve' twice a day and look forward to high fiving him. The children will be very upset to learn that they are no longer allowed to do this! What a ridiculous rule!

2013-10-30 21:52

Steve is great - the children really respond to him and look forward to a wave or high five. Banning him from giving high fives is another ludicrous example of political correctness and madness. Warrington council should better spend their time and resources on fixing the important issues in our town.

2013-10-30 21:55

He is a wonderful addition to and from school my girls look forward to high fiving him and waving to him.. To be honest so do i, please please don't stop him.. When i heard my daughters and i were really sad and can't understand Why he has to stop..

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2013-10-30 22:07

2013-10-30 22:18

Government bodies reall need to stop catering to the lowest common denominator!

2013-10-30 22:35

Steve brings so much fun and happiness to our walk home from school, we go out of our way to cross with Steve as my son loves getting a high five! I don't see any issue with high fives on the pavement before stopping the traffic?! Ridiculous!

2013-10-30 22:52

The complainant should hang their head in shame, a harmless bit of fun.that the children look forward each morning. I bet the culprit has more faces than the town hall clock and speaks to the guy every day.

2013-10-30 23:42

How silly to ban someone from doing such a simple thing to brighten everyone's day. Where is the community spirit? It's PC gone bonkers!!! Not only will the man himself be upset but this will also be upsetting for the children. I hope this man gets an apology and is allowed to continue to 'high five' people as many times and for as long as he wants!!

2013-10-30 23:53

I think that it is an absolute disgrace that someone would complain about such a lovely man & positive role model, Steve encourages the children to cross the road safely with a smile on his face in all weathers. Shame on you to the person who made the complaint! Shame on you! & a big high five to everyone who has signed the petition.

2013-10-31 07:05

Why would someone complain about kids getting a high five for crossing the road correctly? Why would WBC take action against such a complaint - the whole thing is ridiculous and WBC should be ashamed to have acted upon a bitter persons rantings.

2013-10-31 07:19

What is the world coming to! Who would seriously think of putting out such a silly petty rule in which a second a childs enjoyment on the way to school is taken away for some miserable person who has nothing better to do than complain about something that's not even an issue. Utter madness!

2013-10-31 08:56

the worlds gone mad people need to get focusing on the real problems

2013-10-31 09:16

whats the world coming to his done his job for a long time hes done nothing wrong this makes me mad to stop him from doing a high five why dont you pick on someone that has done something wrong out of order

2013-10-31 09:27

Bring the high fives back !!!!!

2013-10-31 09:51

Unreal they are trying to stop his high fives have they not got anything else better to do?

2013-10-31 10:37

How fab that this lollipop man takes time to High Five the kids! It gives them a small but important friendship with an adult! Pathetic and sad individual who complained!

#17 Steve's High Fives

2013-10-31 10:44

Over the past six years our wonderful lollipop man Steve has gone far and beyond the call of duty, helping our children to cross safely and putting a smile on everyone's face come rain or shine! It's complete nonsense to ban him from High Fiving hundred of children who look forward to it everyday. Little one are in tears. Hope the one who complained is ashamed and will withdraw the ridiculous complaint!

2013-10-31 10:55

We need more fun in our lives. We need someone to bring a smile to our faces. The children love him.

#19 Steve Appleton lollipop man

2013-10-31 11:42

This is a ridiculous decision and the World has gone mad. We need more positive role models like Steve not less. I hope the council rethink and reverse this decision.

2013-10-31 13:05

This is pathetic, our world has gone mad this poor bloke cant even give them kids a high five in the morning

2013-10-31 13:07

As long as he's not high fiving their faces, I really don't see what the problem is. It's encouraging children to use the crossing... which is a lot more than some parents do at my children's school.

2013-10-31 13:17

Steve brings joy to children walking on the school run and they love to high five him. I cannot believe there has been a complaint about this!

2013-10-31 13:25

Steve is a wonderful man. Very pleasant and brings joy to the children on there travels to school. How can anyone in the right mind complain about this man? My mother takes my younger sister and younger brother to broomfields and cobbs every morning and tell me that Steve helped them accross the road and made them laugh (exact words) im age 20 and walk past Steve ever morning on the way to work. He keeps me informed on the local news , weather and the local dangers around Appleton. If he is this considerate about a man age 20 then i can assure the people of Warrington that steeve is a very kind hearted man and the school children's wellbeing is top of the list for steave. I would like to hear the inconsiderate point of view from the snobby parents who have complained about this wonderful man. Thankyou

2013-10-31 14:45

What is wrong with people , its so stupid. Kids love getting a high five its a good way of cheering kids and parents up. Whoever has complained about an armless thing like that,well they dont have much of a life and get their kicks out of complaining.

2013-10-31 14:51

Steve brings a smile to parent's and children's faces alike and I'm sure his presence and attitude has helped my 3 year old daughter understand how to be safe when crossing a road. He's always happy and friendly and we should applaud his community spirit. WBC wake up and see sense!