The Case is Altered should not be renamed.

The Case is Altered should not be renamed. / Announcements / Open - and looks great! Some photos... / Comments

Sarah Mahon

#1 Reopening

2017-06-24 14:32

It looks amazing, thanks for this update. Sarah Mahon

2017-06-24 14:35

Really nice looking refurbishment by enlightened owners - good luck to the pub and new landlord. Excellent result all round, congratulations to all involved.

2017-06-24 14:38

Where's the beautiful blonde? X

2017-06-24 15:02

Hi Gren- it looks fantastic and as you said a really good use of space. I never knew that the dining 'barn' was there until you and I went here recently!! I'd love to see it -hopefully on a sunny day to enjoy the garden like the old days. I will try to get down for a weekend, a day or a night very very soon!

2017-06-24 15:06

Great news the name didn't change. We will pop in next time we are over that way

2017-06-24 15:27

Job well Done Gregg - good on you and thankyou for all your efforts. Real community spirit!! Ken

Local lass

#7 Thanks!

2017-06-24 16:48

Thanks a lot for all the updates. You have been a real star. Had a fantastic dinner in The Case last week. It is stunning. The restoration has been lovingly handled and the new bar and dining area are totally in keeping. 

Penny

#8 The new Case

2017-06-24 20:32

Sounds great Greg.   What about parking, are there more spaces now and are there any disabled parking spaces? 

Geoff Griggs

2017-06-24 22:45

Nice job Greg. Well done with all you efforts. Now enjoy. Cheers!

2017-06-24 23:17

Looks great. Popping down tomorrow for drinks and hopefully food too. Thanks again for all you did for our "local" and good to see it still has its old appeal as well as some much needed enhancements!

#11 Great refurb but prices too high!

2017-06-25 20:12

just back from our first visit to the Case after the refurb. We are regulars and love the pub and went to eat and drink to celebrate our friends birthday. Whilst we loved everything they've done with the building and were very happy with the food menu, we were very unhappy with the price hike on the wine list! It wasn't exactly cheap last year with a bottle of Prosecco at £27 and Pinot Grigio at £18 but they are now at £30 and £24.50! In the west end earlier this year I only paid £24.95 for Prosecco! I think this is outrageous for a suburban pub. And I will be emailing the landlords. I urge anyone who agrees that we shouldn't be paying more than Central London prices for our wine to also express their views! The Ascott only charges £14.95 for a nice New Zealand Sauvignon and the same for Prosecco? So as nice as the setting is at the Case, people may not be prepared to pay these inflated prices for their drinks? 

2017-06-30 07:59

Dear Greg
Many thanks for all your hard work in this - and for keeping us informed to the end! Really appreciated... Funny to see the place again (I live abroad), as I used to make the sandwiches there many moons ago, and then worked behind the bar to make some extra money... Best regards. Jo Garnham