WBC to reconsider decision regarding RE3 Payments

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition WBC to reconsider decision regarding RE3 Payments.

2016-06-22 10:27

Just goes to show they do not really care about the environment by forcing people to travel further, causing more congestion on the roads just to save money to go towards their pension scheme. 

2016-06-22 10:36

The result of this decision will be an increase in fly tipping. I now need to drive 30 miles round to recycle general waste. It will cost Wokingham etc to administer their sticker system. Negotiate with them to save them that cost and allow us to use the excellent facilities that are NOT available at the Padowrth recycling centre

2016-06-22 10:48

We are Council payers who are losing a valuable asset. An extremely bad decision with little common sense applied. Do you really understand the implication for Pensioners?

2016-06-22 11:17

It is not fair to have to travel all the way to Newbury, when I actually live in Reading!!

2016-06-22 13:55

I am a senior citizen and it is too far to go to Newbury to drop it off Padworth has limited recycling availability.
Ddd

#56 Re:

2016-06-22 15:41

#11: -  

They have shown they don't care about outlying residents already with the proposal to close libraries wanting us to travel into Newbury for facilities. West Berkshire is much bigger than Newbury!!

2016-06-22 16:04

Yet again, those on the edge of the council area receive an unfair decision regarding their circumstances, I'm sure post people would pay a fiver a year to keep this extremely good reading facility available to them, if necessary.

2016-06-22 16:49

Re3 is on my commute route, so can dispose of mixed rubbish without any additional travel. Otherwise I'd have to use both Padworth and Newbury.

2016-06-22 19:11

I live in Theale and although we are close to Padworth tip, what they accept is limited. Small mead is on my doorstep and I don't want to travel to Newbury. West Berkshire Coucil needs to understand that there are residents beyond Thatcham, we pay them council tax too. Use our Money to pay for small mead use or improve Padworths facilities to match.

2016-06-22 19:13

Who wants to do a thirty mile round trip, can't understand why we can't be under Reading as we are nearer to them than Newbury, but when it comes to Politicians we are in the borough of Wokingham, where's the sense in that!!!

2016-06-22 19:55

A thirty mile round trip is beyond a joke. I have a little boy and 2 dogs. I barely have enough time as it is. The council's decision has been ill conceived and is a false economy - they will spend more time dealing with complaints and prosecutions and clearing up fly tipping.

2016-06-23 05:43

I've never really been sure why aren't classed as Reading anyway .. we are so close ... I go clothes shopping /food /petrol all in Reading ..I never use any facilities in Newbury. Yet I must take my waste there.. This in my opinion is going to cause a lot of fly tipping .. which in turn is going to cost West Berkshire a lot more money ..

2016-06-23 09:49

Because we like quite a long way from Newbury. We seem always to take a back seat. It's not fair to expect us to travel 30 miles to get rid of our rubbish. I'm sure it would also lead to more fly tipping. And the countryside already has enough left litter

2016-06-23 09:52

The waste disposal site in Reading is an excellent facility which I use regularly. Bonfires are a poor option because of neighboring houses. Fly tipping will undoubtedly increase as the Newbury site is over an hours round trip away and the Padworth site is not suitable for bulky garden waste. I am not a business user, but a householder with a fairly large garden.

2016-06-23 10:14

I have always thought it crazy living in Tilehurst but coming under WBC in Newbury. I do use the smallmead site & think it's just too far to travel to Newbury to dispose of unwanted items. I do wonder if this will lead to more people fly tipping!

2016-06-23 11:33

Because I only use the Smallmead tip.  I live in Burghfield Common and work about half a mile from Smallmead.  Why would I drive to Newbury?  Stupid, shortsighted decision.

2016-06-30 09:34

Concidering I live less than 2 miles away and have been using the tip forever, it's unfair that I will now have to travel a lot further and will take a lot longer and the other facilities don't take everything so not happy. Maybe it will be easier to just dump it somewhere seems a lot fairer.

2016-06-30 15:46

I live on the Eastern edge of West Berks and will have long journey to my nearest facility which is unacceptable when a local solution is available. I strongly believe this move will increase the level of fly tipping locally which will cost the council more to clear up.

2016-07-13 08:00

Newbury offers no realistic alternative to RE3 for residents of Burghfield Theale and other localities.