OLIVIA RD IMPACT ASSESSMENT

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition OLIVIA RD IMPACT ASSESSMENT.

2016-04-05 10:31

The effect of high volume residences will severely impact the services in the immediate area including traffic, water etc. There wereclearly flouting of construction practices for this development to have been approved.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2016-04-05 12:35

Anonymous

#3 Reserve my right to sue governing bodies for depreciation of my investment

2016-04-05 12:37

I am an owner of a property situated in Olivia Road. The problems arisen in Olivia Road has been a problematic since 2005. I am petitioning that the governing bodies are resonsible to maintain be called upon to do so. I advise that should the issues not be dealt with my investment situated in Olivia Road will reduce in value and i will suffer damages. It is advised that should the governing bodies not act upon the outstanding requirements, i reserve my rights to sue for damages on the depreciation of my property due to governing negligence.

Paula Bezuidenhout

(Formally van Eeden)

244 Santa Augusta, Olivia Road, Eveleigh

2016-04-05 13:11

The holes in the road due to inferior tar & lack of maintenance are just becoming bigger and the are more of them appearing

2016-04-05 13:33

We are at risk as the road infradtructure is not geared for the additional traffic that will come from the newly constructed complex on Olivia Road. The road has been damaged due to construction vehicles going to the new complex. We will have issues with water pressure. the height of the newly constructed complex is too high no privacy into our homes. The complex should be condemed until all the raised issues resolved.

Warm Regards 

Mr Haripersad

Leanne

2016-04-06 17:49

We are already experiencing sewerage problems from rubble been discarded down the drains! 

2016-04-06 18:03

The trafic is going to be a nightmare

2016-04-06 18:06

We as residence in Eveleigh have a say and we do not approve any of this.

2016-04-07 07:19

I expect change in our area ASAP. The roads are unacceptable;  street lights not working

2016-04-07 13:36

No privacy from new dwelling towering over my unit. Traffic concerns on Olivia rd. Already experiencing low water pressure, ocassionally no water at all.

2016-04-07 14:15

Before the new development took place, I contacted the developers of the then proposed complex, and they assured me at the time, that the building would NOT exceed 2 floors. I further contacted someone at the Ekurhuleni Municipality at the time (2010) when residents of Eveliegh Glades and surrounding residents, started expressing concern of the overuse of Olivia Road. It was then already a problem to access Rondebult Road from Olivia Road. When I raised my concerns with the Ekurhuleni Municipalty at that time, I was then told by Ekurhuleni Municipality that Olivia Road was more than able to carry more traffic, and that the new complex would not be a problem. (Obviously they said this as it would mean more money in their pockets from the rates people would have to pay!!) At that time we assumed that the developers were sticking to a two story complex. This has subsequently changed, much to the annoyance of the already irrate residents.

As you may know, the complex has several floors, and I am very surprised that the Town Planner approved the plans for this development, even though it would impact our lifestyle (privacy of residents) at Eveleigh Glades - which is right next door to the development. Furthermore, ACSA (Airports Company South Africa) of whom I contacted in 2007, when I was considering buying property in Eveleigh,.told me of the already existing height restrictions which were then in place, as ACSA had plans to upgrade the Oliver Tambo International, which covers the Eveleigh and Beyers Park areas.

For one, I would like to know, why the Town Planner for Boksburg, does not seem to know about this.

There is NO WAY that Olivia Road will cope with the HUGE volumes of traffic when the new complex is filled with tenants.

This matter requires urgent and immediate action from the relevant parties, which include Ekurhuleni Municipality, the Developers of the said complex, as well as the traffic department.

It would be interesting to see what the relevant parties will do to address the problems we now face.

2016-04-08 16:18

Water pressure a disgrace already, can imagine what it will be like once the new development is occupied. Continuous blocked sewerage. Olivia Road is in shocking condition and is expected to take more traffic. Already used by the Second Hand Car Dealers to test drive their vehicles at astronomical speed as well as certain drivers living in and around Olivia Road. We are going to end up with a tragedy on this road before something is done.

2016-04-08 19:30

Traffic is already an issue. Balconies look into our garden now .. No privacy . Eveleigh glade owner

Kenny

#14 Olivia Rd new development

2016-04-10 14:18

The strain on the small Olivia Road will be extremely high. This is an invasion of privacy for residents in the nearby complexes as balconies of the flats are directly facing complexes.

The traffic will be a nightmare particularly during peak hours, one will not even be able to get out of the complex like our Villa Bellini. Something needs to be done about this matter. I fail to understand why we were not consulted before the flats were built. Its criminal not to care how this will affect us.

2016-04-12 06:39

Traffic
Road Surface
Street Lights
Security

2016-04-13 16:27

Concern regarding the new high rise apartments being built on Olivia Road. No privacy as new units will have visibility into ajoining complex yards. 

The road infrastructure will not be sufficient for an additional 200-300 vehicles (estimated number of new units x 1 car per unit). 

Existing water and sewerage infrastructure will not handle the influx. 

Security concerns and attempted break-ins have already started occuring, where there were non before. 

onyourcase

#17 Re: Reserve my right to sue governing bodies for depreciation of my investment

2017-01-20 20:49

#3: - Reserve my right to sue governing bodies for depreciation of my investment 

............Says the person stealing and taking goverment money for personal use instead of allocating them to the liquidation she is involved with. It's not as if she bought the property with hard earned money.