Save Watford FC Girls Centre of Excellence

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Watford FC Girls Centre of Excellence.

2011-06-29 00:40

Have all the Watford Girls stayed at the club or gone elsewhere? We've read about the new league but unfortunatly Crewe is too far away from all the others, we would have spent hours travelling all the time. Most of our girls have gone to other teams now, mainly Stoke. Of our potential U13s (who beat Arsenal 7-2 in their last U10 season)6 have gone to Stoke (another 2 offered places but 1 went to Everton and the other Man U), 2 lived too far away to trial and 3 are awaiting places. The other ages groups seem to have gone along similar lines. Good luck to all at Watford for the season ahead, and to all the girls wherever they are playing from all the girls up north :)

#202 Re:

2011-07-13 21:48

#201: -

Sadly I believe a fair number have left and, as expected, quickly been snapped up by the the FA's favourite CoEs. That says an awful lot about the quality of players produced by Watford and makes a mockery of the decision to deprive them of their licence.  Other very good players have decided to stay, due to the Watford alternative offering and/or things like travelling distance. Many of the oldest girls are staying put as they will be given a chance with Watford's reserve/first teams whilst still being able to play for the new Watford U17s.

One of the most deplorable/disgraceful consequences is as follows: The Watford U16s are due to play in the Dana Cup in a couple of weeks time. All the girls had worked hard to find sponsors for the trip or to finance it themselves. It now seems that the girls who were forced to switch to other CoEs are now being denied permission to play for Watford in the Dana Cup for fear of injuries. The girls were really looking forward to this trip and stood a very good chance in the competition. Their squad/plans have now been left in disarray by the selfishness and pettiness of the FA and their favoured CoEs.

Thanks for the best wishes and Good Luck to all the Crewe girls. It's a shame the first chapter has had to end in this way but I'm sure there is plenty more to win and the baddies are always defeated in the end!

#203 Re:

2011-07-13 21:52

#199: -

Very unlikely. The licences may reviewed annually but the FA have now selected their favourites and it will become a closed shop. What's more you can bet the FA won't be happy to welcome back clubs like Crewe and Watford who have had the timerity to challenge the FA's account of things and fully exposed the flaws in the plan and the injustices in the selection process.

2012-02-10 00:27

I may be an ipswich fan but I am fully behind this as I am going to start a debate for Ipswich aswell
Ele

2012-02-10 01:02

I have created another one for all of the girls centre of excellences if you could please sign many thanks