Move That Mast Hebden Bridge

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Move That Mast Hebden Bridge.

Heidi Waddington
The author of this petition

#1 Further Reading

2011-05-26 22:20

If you want to get more background on this campaign, you can visit the following:

http://www.hebdenbridge.co.uk/forum/2011/053.html - Hebden Bridge Discussion Forum, started when the news broke on 21 May

Details from Facebook event (this was written before the meeting with Network Rail on 26 May 2011). There are some useful links to further reading on other websites here also. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=207168925988905

Will post more links and updates from today's meeting very soon

Heidi Waddington
The author of this petition

#2 Write to your MP

2011-05-26 22:32

If you have five minutes, a stamp and an envelope, please copy and paste the below into a letter to our local MP, Craig Whittaker:

Craig Whittaker MP
Calderdale and Kirklees CC HQ
16a Church Lane
Brighouse
HD6 1AT

DATE

Dear Mr Whittaker

I am concerned about the planned installation by Network Rail of a 20m Railway Communications Systems Mast in the centre of Hebden Bridge.

Whilst I understand that Network Rail are erceting these masts throughout the country, I object to the location of this mast in a residential area and so close to 2 shcools. I believe that the mast will be a blight on the landscape, a potential threat to property prices and a possible risk to the health of a considerable number of children, residents and those who work in the area. Central Street School is 100m from the site and Riverside School is just 200m away. Many children walk to school within 5m of the site.

I would ask that you use your powers to plead on my behalf with Network Rail that they reconsider the planned location of their mast to a less densely populated area.

I would be grateful if you could raise my concerns with Richard Flindell, Communications Manager, Railway Communications System, King Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG.

Yours sincerely

SIGNED