Halt the closure of a well-used public and community sports hub!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Halt the closure of a well-used public and community sports hub!.

2015-10-22 22:25

This is the only place where up coming athletes can train for miles. It's a wonderful local resource with various groups using it. It is also situated on one of the most deprived areas of Coatbridge and yet again shows that the same people in our society are losing out. Don't this valuable resource.

2015-10-23 05:51

My son got injured playing football, cruciate ligament, which meant no more twisting he took up athletics which kept him fit and he thoroughly enjoyed going to competitions and being in a team, every person should be able to keep fit and have somewhere to go regards Helen Fleming

2015-10-23 06:53

Local amenity for residents in this area is essential to the health and wellbeing of individuals in this day when exercise and healthy living are being promoted government initiative????

2015-10-23 11:22

sad days the gym isnt even closed yet and bars and attachments have been nicked already vultures     rab

2015-10-23 16:02

Save our community gym

2015-10-23 19:53

this is what happens when you need your councillors to back you up usual  nothing remember this  next time they want voted in 

2015-10-23 20:37

Langloan Gym has supported the coatbridge community as a whole.  This includes recovery from various personal issues including; addiction, alcohol and overall personal experiences.  The gym is viewed by all who attend, as a place to overcome many personal issues due to it's welcoming, friendly, small, secure environment.

As a regular of Langloan Gym, I will be very sad to see its closure.  I am totally supportive of this campaign and would hope NL will reconsider it's decision due to the overwelling response so far.  

2015-10-23 20:48

its probably being a done deal behind closed doors nl leisure could not care less about there gym members and paying customers but they would start to worry if clients cancelled memberships

#34 Re:

2015-10-23 22:49

#33: -  

A fair number of members have said they will cancel their membership with NL if the gym closes. People cancelling their membership is bad news as it will only line the pockets of private gyms and take money away from the public sector. An opportunity cost I feel not fully considered by those who made this decision. 

2015-10-25 13:39

My daughter is a young athlete and trains here - there is no where else in the area with a track and a weights gym suitable for them to use. There is no need to close this gym it is a well used facility which is important to the athletes and to everyone who uses it .

2015-10-25 14:10

Good luck see first hand every week the type of establishment that has a real down to earth and vibrant atmosphere enjoyed by all that attend!

Best wishes
Stuart Millar (father of Airdrie Harriers athlete)

2015-10-25 15:47

brilliant support shows how much this small gym means to so many people doesnt need fancy carpets up to date equipment the last of a dying breed

2015-10-25 16:09

our runners share the gym with the lads we need this gym for our strength training as well this will affect everyone 

2015-10-25 20:54

A sports hub that has no airs or graces allowing training at grass roots through to professional endeavours! A reflection of the community surrounding it.
liam

2015-10-25 21:12

most gyms have no sport history this gym has been used by top runners lee mconnell 400m runner  jim brown marathon runner and maybe in time future champs  so does this not say something about this establishment if not nearly 500 people who signed this are wasting there time come on nl leisure get a grip

katherine

2015-10-25 21:32

this is what happens closing these facilities the usual ones round the board dont think about the people that use the place just about getting more money in its sad as this is one of a few gyms that isnt geordie shore style not that im against that but a lot of older individuals train here 

jason g

2015-10-25 21:35

on yourself guys trained here top guys up for a laugh banter amazing hope youz get a result 

2015-10-25 22:01

because this is a one off gym not many left

2015-10-25 22:02

save our community gym coatbridge outdoor centre facebook 

2015-10-25 22:13

It would only make sense to keep a boxing club, a gym and a running club together. Creates relationships with one another, brings people from different activities and sporting backgrounds together and gives people the opportunity to get involved in different sports. 

2015-10-25 22:15

12 till 3 wedenesday q and answers at langloan not great times but please can some of you guys and girls be there we need to voice our opinion its ok doing it on social media its better face to face thanks to you all 

2015-10-26 19:19

Exercise and social interaction are essential for health and well being. What is the justification for closing a facility that provides both of these for the local community.

2015-10-26 21:14

I signed this petition as I am a member of airdrie harriers and I HAVE to use this gym as part of my training sessions, it is essential that I use this gym as it is on site next to the track.

2015-10-27 08:00

It's great to see people from different sporting backgrounds coming together at this gym. The Airdrie Harriers are more than welcome to use the gym as they do, as were the rugby team when they trained there, as are the boxing class who train next door. The boxing class has said to gym members that we're welcome to use their facilities, which is also great to hear. It would only be unwise to remove this and limit people's opportunities.

2015-10-27 16:12

airdrire harriers need this gym as well we dont want to see the lads leave