Stop This Violation Of Human Rights

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop This Violation Of Human Rights.

Rouie Anticamara

#1 Respect Is All We Need

2010-11-28 02:12

Every people deserves respect, and it is our RIGHT, who ever you are, & what ever you want to be, as long as we are not a threat to each other we deserve RESPECT.
Jelle Vos

2010-11-28 19:13

What a disgrace. I knew that the UN was doing whatever they liked while hiding behind their immunity long before this but they can't go on.

We cannot allow things like Srebrenica to happen again and we cannot allow them to openly state that being born different should be a reason to be killed.

What a disgrace to all of mankind.
Charles Wilson

#3 It's about time

2010-11-28 19:18

I was wondering when someone would start a petition. I have already sent an email through the UN's web contact site.
Мartin Djonov

2010-11-28 21:52

2010-11-28 21:52

2010-11-29 03:08

Its a disgrace to remove it from the list.
Now every fruitcake has an permit to hang people. :-(
ben stern

#7 killing gay people

2010-11-29 04:05

I dont think people should be executed because some 3rd world fundimentalist fucktards decided that homosexuality is an abomination. And I want to intervene
Maj Christensen

#9 Stop This Violation Of Human Rights

2010-11-29 22:13

Stop This Violation Of Human Rights
sabrina ambrosen

#10 Please Support!!!

2010-11-29 22:41

If your still human....
Morgan Haldeman

2010-12-02 06:55

GLTB are people too.
Haley Edwards

2010-12-03 00:49

Help Gays <3
Fletcher Quilty

2010-12-03 02:17

This petition discusses a basic human rights issues - the right to live. That right can now be taken away based on the prejudiced notion that alternative sexualities are unnatural. This is unethical and simply unacceptable, especially considering the role of the UN in protecting human rights.
Tom Selby

#14 Absolutely Discusting..

2010-12-03 06:52

What a medi-evil view for such a blossoming time..
Lee Stevens

2010-12-03 11:51

Stop this violation of Human Rights
Rohan Harrison

#16 I don't even understand.

2010-12-03 13:34

Even putting aside the monumental risk that this move could impose on non-heterosexual people under certain governments, I simply cannot grasp the idea that the UN would remove such an important clause from a human rights resolution.

And I have serious concerns about the motives of those who proposed the ammendment.
Stuart Anderson

#17 Human Rights

2010-12-03 19:10

They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up.
Stuart Studdart (TheGhostOfSabotage)

#18 UN you asswipes

2010-12-03 20:28

UN stop being asswipes or you will be brought down and you can not make me stay shush shush I'm English I have the englsih spirit I shall not back down for no man or woman!!!
Maria Proud

#19 Who Has The Right?

2010-12-03 20:50

Who has the right to determine how I live. If I hurt no-one, am law abiding (save the homosexual bulldusted laws). While madmen rule countries, poverty rules in so many countries, they take the time to vote on a lifestyle that mirrors most.
Are there so many people in the world that are hetro but deep down want to be homo so become totally unreasonable homophobs????
BoggiD101

#20 This Violation Should Be Stopped

2010-12-03 20:56

Being the international political body that it is, the UN has a duty to protect our rights as human beings. Because of votes from Africa and the Middle East, the UN has now decreed that GLBT (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender) people are no longer protected from arbitrary execution or extrajudical punishment. GLBT people can now be persecuted or executed simply because of their sexual orientation, regardless of any external prohibitions from the law.

In an age when we need more than ever understanding and compassion to solve our deeply intricate problems in our modern world, the UN succumbs to ignorance and bigotry from religious fanatics. There are gay friends, bisexual friends, and lesbian friends, I know and love who could now be imprisoned and executed solely based on their sexuality.
Alton Newcombe

#21 human right's and protection

2010-12-03 21:51

All people deserve to have human right's and to have those human right's upheld and protected. Gay, lesbian, trans gender, transsexual, and heterosexual people should all have the right to live free from the threat of harm because of their sexual orientation. Everyone deserves human right's
Demi L

2010-12-03 22:37

I feel sick that they even thought of this. What if theyre son or daughter was gay? How could they tell them that they could be killed on the basis of that?
Michael Boateng

#23 UN needs to man up

2010-12-03 23:42

The UN has played idle for too long. It's time they uphold Article 1 of their own Universal Declaration of Human Rights. You can't have countries like that join your organisation if they can't even uphold THAT for gay people.
Dylan Guemas-Bonell

#24 Disgusting

2010-12-03 23:52

I'm glad to hear that Canada, the UK and the US voted against this movement but it sickens me to think there are enough countries part of the UN who think they have the right to execute someone solely based on there sexual orientation. Growing up I learned that the UN was an organization to promote world wide peace, but after this I've lost all hope in the UN.

Jamie Allen

#25 Gaycott

2010-12-04 00:49

Hey Guys,

have you also seen the facebook boycott?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gaycott/160838000623959?v=app_4949752878

:)

Jamie