GLEBE LAND

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition GLEBE LAND.

Rachel B

2014-06-30 11:51

We need no more houses in Roche. The school has no room and the local doctors surgery is bursting at the seams.

2014-06-30 11:58

Enough! Roche is already considered a town now.
Sarah K

2014-06-30 12:11

No more houses are needed in Roche. The village/town facilities cannot cope with the numbers we already have - the school cannot take any more children and in fact some families in the village have one child at school in Roche but also have to take another child to another school out of the village, the doctors surgery cannot accommodate more patients without their services being affected. Please stop allowing houses to be built in our village/town!
Roche Village

#4 Re:

2014-06-30 12:31

#3: Sarah K -

Couldn't agree more!

2014-06-30 12:34

No more house, the village school can't cope anymore.

2014-06-30 12:51

I can't believe more houses are even being considered whilst there are still unsold ones from the other new builds in Roche. There are people who were born and bred in Roche who are having to send their kids to schools in other villages because Roche School cannot accommodate all of them. The Doctors Surgery is a nightmare to try to get an appointment. Roche is already bigger than what it was intended to be so NO MORE building. Especially in a location where the extra traffic will be a hazard to young children on their journey to school. (The ones that were lucky enough to get a place there that is!)
Although I don't live in Roche anymore I still have a lot of connections within and still care about what happen there.

2014-06-30 13:24

Roche is a beautiful village although I believe due to recent builds we are now classed as a town. Houses are not needed in Roche and better use could be made of the land. The school and doctors are at capacity and it's hard enough for residents to get use of these without any more people being added. The road onto which access would be needed is already very busy and adding more traffic is going to simply make it more dangerous than it already is. If people want to move here there is plenty of houses for sale without adding more.

2014-06-30 13:28

Please no more houses in Roche. The School is such a mess, the levels of Traffic are now dangerous and the Doctors are turning people away. More houses will force more and more people out of The School and out of the Doctors. Leave Roche alone, parents having to send their xhildren to stranger schools with a taxi driver is sixk. Speak to the people of Roche!!
treenabeanz

2014-06-30 16:28

We don't need any more houses! Apart from the doctors & school finding it hard to cope with the numbers the drainage/sewerage system will find it harder & harder too. All it takes is a bit of rain & a lot of people/businesses flood. NO MORE!!

2014-06-30 17:19

The village has enough houses but little infrastructure. There are several junctions already on the hill where this land is any more junctions would be a hazard for through traffic.

2014-06-30 17:45

Building on every square of green in the country has to stop

2014-06-30 18:24

No more houses! Enough land has been built on in the village and enough is enough.

2014-06-30 19:22

In view of the amount of houses already
built in Roche and the problem of the lack of school space,flooding in the village during heavy rainfall
owing to concreting over so much natural soak away
ground and the sewer system at Luxulyan unable to cope , with the beach at Par being closed at times because of overflow,it is not only ludicrous but totally unacceptable to even consider this proposal.

2014-06-30 19:59

Roche has had its fair share of housing development,with Tregarrick Farm being destroyed,the GREEN FIELDS gone forever under a concrete jungle. Spent a big part of my life on the farm with the Jago family who I think of as my second family and am devastated that it is all gone. Roche School cant take anymore children, so enough is enough. The only ones gaining out of building more houses are the developers, not Roche. No more houses in Roche

2014-06-30 20:07

I may not live in the village now but I was born and bred there both my mum and my grab are still there and it's big enough already

2014-06-30 20:21

Our village can't take any more new housing without expanding our local facilities.

2014-06-30 20:51

over development of the village, no investment in infrastructure, already enough empty properties fill them first before building more

2014-06-30 20:58

The village is rapidly becoming out sized for it's amenities. NO MORE HOUSES!
Grannynetnet

2014-06-30 22:11

Not only has the village now grown out of all proportion as previously stated and the school, doctors etc already not coping. What about the land itself. A community village green to bring everyone together would be great and in the heart of the village. Dont let greedy developers spoil further a very special village.

2014-06-30 22:14

I have lived in Roche for 29 years, I use to play in the fields where the doctors is and the housing estate behind the chip shop. I went to Roche school and they was a real community. this is being lost with more houses going up. I still live in Roche but in Carbis and I couldn't get my son in the school I appealed and was moved to Whitemoor. so we moved to Whitemoor, the locals r being pushed out, this isn't fair, leave r village alone. I am back in Carbis and drive past my own school to take my kids to another school. please stop. it seems all the beautiful fields around are village is prospects for new houses, when will this stop.
PaulS

2014-07-01 06:55

45 years of age, born and bred and still here raising my own family here, not one of the elder residents, however I have seen many changes. This village used to be very close knit and community sprited, as everyone knew each other, and although I accept progress, we are not expanding for the good of the village or the local people. Putting another development on this land will put an access road on the already busy and potentially dangerous Roche Hill, the school and Pre Schools are already at bursting point, Doctors surgery is full to overflowing and what futher impact will more houses here have to the flooding during heavy rains? We need to look more deeply into where and when we build more houses, and to think of the impact on people and the environment before bending over in submission to the developers.

2014-07-01 08:00

The primary school is already too small for the current needs of the village. More houses would just increase the problem. Having been in the village for 18 months my son has been unable to attend Roche Primary due to being over subscribed and is now facing going up to Brannel School as the only boy from his school as a result of this.
Sarah K

#23 Re: Re:

2014-07-01 12:09

#4: Roche Village - Re:

Thank you but I only say it as it is!

Chris

#24 Whatever happened to community planning?

2014-07-01 12:52

There simply isn't the infrastructure to support extra residential development in Roche. When are these much needed improvements due? Putting in traffic calming is just making a mess of the roads, as previously stated the school is overcrowded (as are others in the area too) invest in the area, rather then some soapy gesture to some local charity or cash "bunged" in a local development pot, do it properly!

2014-07-01 16:26

Enough is enough , our children will never be able to afford to buy a house because most of the house being built are being bought by outsiders !