Operation Keep The London Toy Fair Alive!

Quoted post

Realistic Indy

2015-06-16 11:23

I'm actually not bothered about suppliers pulling out because I find Toy Fair of little use to my business. I stopped attending some years ago. I couldn't get onto stands for businesses/brands I was most interested in, or they were behind closed doors, accessible only to the select few; yet most of these brands could be readily viewed online just weeks later, after New York. Add in the fact that many suppliers can be visited at Spring Fair and there's really no justification for my time and expense involved in visiting Toy Fair. I look forward to attending The Independent Toy and Gift Show for the first time next year. Toy Fair and its exhibitors need to do a lot to entice me back and until they do, I don't feel it's worth signing this petition.

Replies

David Middleton
The author of this petition

#6 Re:

2015-06-16 16:07:24

#5: Realistic Indy -  

If we all took the ''Realistic indy'' Approach we would all be running very dull businesses. Surely the aim of the game is to be the best that we can be in everything that we do. If the London Toy Fair isnt working for you because you cant get onto stands... Make yourself get onto stands dont just except the fact, let yourself be heard.

This petition is in many ways simular to your problem, to get the big boys to pay attension to the back bone of the toy industry and the people who support and do not devalue their products. The independents

Spring Fair is not even in the same league as London Toy Fair

What else can exhibitors do other than turn up? Its down to you yourself to make sure you see who you want to see and make the show work best for you. Size of business is irelivant, its whoever shouts the loudest.

Dont except things for what they are... change them.