plymstock swimming pool

/ #109

2016-11-05 04:42

I have lived in Plymstock for almost 29 years and I know a petition has been running for longer than that. A pool here would benefit so many people, not just within Plymstock itself but also Staddiscombe, Elburton, Hooe, Oreston, Turnchapel, Down Thomas, Heybrook Bay and Wembury.
As I've got older my time has become limited with work, home life etc and so my health has taken a backseat. Swimming is the one form of exercise I have always enjoyed and I would really love to get back into doing it again in order to help me lose weight I have gained due to health issues.
I used to use the pool at Plympton, but time constraints and distance put a stop to going there. Plus the cost of fuel, and being passionate about the environment has meant I don't want to have to travel such distances to find a form of exercise I enjoy and know that I would stick to in order to help resolve my weight and health issues.
Please consider too, the benefits to everyone living in this area in the form of more jobs, exercise and general health benefits. This in turn would also be of great benefit to those people who may suffer with mental health issues such as depression. Being able to access somewhere close by will benefit them physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially, and in so doing, provide them with a holistic approach to their recovery. Thank you, Sue Laurie