Catherine Burnell

/ #21 Marcus Wide and Grant Thronton

2011-11-03 02:16

If the DoJ get their hands on the money, the victims will never see a penny of it.

With regard to Marcus Wide from Grant Thronton, let's look at his track record in the few months since he has taken over as Liquidator at SIB. He has tried (and almost succeeded) to establish working relations with Janvey and the US Committee. He has frozen the SIB property and assets in Antigua that Andrian Stoelker (Stanfords Girlfriend) was allowed to take charge of by Vantis. He is now working on getting those assets back into the hands of the victims. He has established a committee of 7 victims (not lawyers who are lining their own pockets as in the case with Janvey) who meet regularly to discuss what is happening and what his plans are. He has kept the victims informed about what is happening. He has held an on-line meeting which was attended by over 2,000 victims where he answered questions and clarified situations. He has been open forthright and very professional. He is fighting the extortionate bills that have been submitted by Vantis (18million) who sat on their backsides for nearly 3 years and did nothing. He has stated that he is hopeful of being able to pay the victims something in 2012 and has stated that as soon as he has money to pay out he will. He is consciously trying to keep costs down. He has done more to help the victims in the few months he has been in Antigua than Vantis did in nearly 3 years and Janvey has ever done. When he steps out of line I will be the first to ask questions, until then I am thankful that we have him working for us and that is why I think it is so important that we petition the US courts to recognise Grant Thornton and get the money in Switzerland and the money held by the DoJ released to him.