KEEP THE PUNK SHOW ON BBC RADIO 1

misfit

/ #67 Punk Show 2

2014-07-22 09:36

Following on from what I have just said I have just read that they plan to increase of the length of the rock show or add an additional rock show evening but what I say to this is will it include bands like The Skints, who I saw at Koko in London and they were excellent, The Aggrolites, New Town Kings and my band of the moment The Interrupters who epitomise everything I like about Ska Punk. When I saw The Skints they said last year they played there, and pointed a small pub, to an audience of about 12 people but when I saw them they filled out Koko and part of the reason for this was the fact that Mike championed them on the Punk Show. I think this shows the far reaching effects of the Punk Show.

Therefore without the Punk Show or an outlet for such bands they will be left playing to half empty pubs. I know this because this was what it was like when I was younger. In certain parts of the country live venues are under threat at the moment such as Night and Day in Manchester, look it up and sign the petition, and if these venues fall by the wayside there will be nowhere for these up and coming bands to play. It is a vicious circle so keep the music alive on the radio and this will keep these venues open.

Best

M