Make sheppey bridge safe to cross

/ #310

2014-07-03 07:41

So sad another accident has happened..and fatel this time. As a regular visitor to leysdown (our local and fave beach place)id like to point out that on us very first using the bridge just after it opened, on entering it very near the bend (its hard to say without actually being there now)but theres a big hump accross the road and i spilt my drink everywhere cos of this,and i said to my hubbie..blimey thats a accident waiting to happen..well time has passed and when ever we used bridge we knoww to slow right down as we know what is coming but some drivers do not!!!. Theres now been a few accidents on there and now a fatality and something should be done about this "posssible" poor workmanship. Ive said before on many accasions from very first accident, on statuses on f/book and on kent messenger etc posts about this but no-one seems to take eny notice and its just ignored!! they blame either the fog or the reckless drivers etc, but its known fact motorways are faster and quicker to use than normal roads.so it also should be safe to use.. When u go over the QE2 dartford bridge its as smooth as enything..not like the leysdown crossing bridge. It actually reminds me of the tiny village bridges you used to go over an makes yer belly flip.lol...but on a serious note if nothings done about it then theres gonna be a much bigger accident waiting to hapoen!!.The highway team need to drive accross this bridge exactley where i said and test it out for themselves (both sides)as this could be worse now with wear n tear over years but was still like it when we went leysdown earlier this year. They should close it temporeraly on testing it for themselves or even you take a trip on there at the speed it says can do..it will and does shock you. as prob has all these other drivers. and also this poor man they charging in the pickup van for this accident .just maybe hes as shocked as i was the very first time we used that bridge. He also has to live with this wether or not it was his fault which is sad.esp on the death of this poor lady and her son..which "may well" have been prevented over time!! I feel this is worth infestigating as it could be a "maybe" or "possible" cause to this situ.,