Save Watford FC Girls Centre of Excellence

Seeing red in Crewe

/ #108 FA's culling of Girls CoE's

2011-06-05 03:21

Millwall CoE survive, Charlton CoE do not. Guess who has very close ties to Millwall CoE...Kay Cossington (Head of Girls Centres of Excellence at The FA) well there's a strange coincidence?
In the interests of impartiality and transparency may i make a polite and obvious suggestion to the FA. Appointing someone with a vested interest in a particular CoE to front such a savage cull, and be your fall guy is perhaps not the wisest move. As you can see it leaves you wide open to accusations of favouritism and injustice.
Come on the FA, we know this has nothing to do with sieving out the chaff youv'e just closed some excellent CoEs (recent inspection of Crewe Alex CoE rated the setup excellent with the U10's "the best they have ever seen" and they have 2 U17s playing for England). So come on what's the hidden agenda? mmmmm i wonder if its pounds and pence.
The 30 centres that have survived will receive £50,000 each per annum that equates to a total of only 25% of Mr Capello's annual salary well excuse my blunt northern wit, but i wonder which is the better investment. . .any ideas folks?.
How can the FA call for transparency and accountability at FIFA when they have orchestrated such a savage cull without revealing the true motives behind it? We look to the FA for governance and to promote our national game, a game that is accessible and open to all (unless you happen to be a gifted girl with no where to play at your standard).
The differential between 'grass roots' girls football and that of the CoE's is absolutely enormous and with nothing to bridge the gap it will effectively mean no more meaningful football for many girls up and down the country!
Good luck to all you girls at Watford, please please please sign our petition at Crewe Alex http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/wewantourclubbackplease/ Perhaps some coordinated action will prove more effective?