Stop NatWest closing the Sonning Common bank

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop NatWest closing the Sonning Common bank.

2014-05-15 10:17

The only bank (other than the Post Office)is crucial to the needs of the village. Nat West should be looking at ways to increase the use of the bank so it makes economic sense to retain it rather than throwing in the towel.

2014-05-15 10:33

What a crazy idea to close the only bank in the village of Sonning Common, particularly when it is not possible to pay cheques into the Post Office there.

2014-05-15 11:36

Very important issue.

2014-05-15 16:06

As I am the Chairman of the Village Hall Management Committee and the presence of the bank in the village is most important to us allowing us to pay-in monies collected from hirers. It is also much needed by our ever expanding village. As the Post Office has deminished in size and features, it is ever more vital to keep a banks' presence to permit the financies of the various residents.

2014-05-15 16:47

The village needs a bank, the Post Office does not offer the range of services needed

2014-05-15 18:19

This village needs this branch asthis is the only bank in the village. People use this not just for Nat West buissines but for any banking matters.

2014-05-15 20:53

I find it astounding at a time when banks are supposed to be reconnecting with the people they are supposed to serve that they pursue policies such as these.
Loss of this extremely useful facility would be a tragedy for local people.

2014-05-19 12:44

Natwest cut the branch opening hours to three short days per week, and then when everyone is forced to go elsewhere, they say that nobody uses it and that it should be closed! So much for their claim that if they're the last bank left in a location, they won't close that branch.

2014-05-22 09:22

Im about to leave HSBC Business Banking for exactly this reason. The convenience of having a local branch rather than having to travel into Reading.

2014-05-22 12:43

The Natwest's figure of 29 customers per week is astonishing as there is always a queue when I go there. I am not so sure about relocating to the central area because parking is easier in the branch's current location than in the central area.
Resident

#11 Nat West Bank Sonning common

2014-05-22 18:05

At the time nat west reduced the opening hours and number of days opening I wrote to them to express my concern that this was
A pre cursor to closing the branch. They responded by letter saying that they would not be closing the branch.
it just goes to show that you can't trust any of the banks.

2014-05-23 19:19

The bank is the only one in the area serving several small villages the only alternative being Caversham or Henley. Neither of these have convenient direct public transport especially for elderly customers.

2014-05-24 10:36

My wife and I are 80 years old and DO NOT ever want to bank on line, we do not trust it also do not understand enough about computers to do so.

Also, in the largest village in South Oxfiordshire why must we lose our bank?

2014-05-24 13:38

This bank is also used by people from Woodcote, Whitchuch,Nettlebed,Ipsden,Checkendon,Stoke Row and the surrouning areas. These villages have increasing populations. The current location for the bank has convenient parking facilities and fulfills a local need for banking. So much for the promises from the 'helpful bank' that it would not be closed.

2014-05-24 13:52

Not all banking business can be carried out online or by telephone. The current location is ideal as it has good parking facilities,is in close proximity to other retail businesses and away from the general chaos of Wood Lane.

#16 Nat west Sonning Common

2014-05-25 10:53

I live in Emmer Green and run my business from premises in Dunsden. I use this branch as it is convenient. To have to go to Caversham or Henley will be a total inconvenience. I may just go to another bank which is a shame after nearly 30 years! I opened my accounts in this branch back in the 1980's. Makes a mockery of the Nat West TV adverts!

2014-05-25 13:15

This is a very much used facility in the village and many people will find life difficult if it closes. It would be a pleasant change if it could be seen as providing a much needed service!

2014-05-25 14:10

This branch is used by a local business that I work for at least once a week. I use the branch occasionally myself. It would be a false economy to close it. PLEASE don't.

2014-05-27 22:07

I need this bank
Levi_89

2014-05-27 22:08

I use this bank regularly

2014-05-28 14:54

We have a large number of elderly people in the village who do not drive so will have to rely on someone to drive them to Henley or Caversham to access a bank,or catch a bus.A lot of people in the village do not have the internet to do ther banking on.More houses are going to be built,so we are going to be a small town without a bank.

2014-05-30 17:01

Sonning Common is one of the larger villages in South Oxfordshire and will get larger still when more homes are due to be built. Such a community with businesses and shops needs to retain a banking facility.
Another Resident.

#23 Closure of Sonning Common Nat West Bank.

2014-05-30 19:44

To Nat West Policy Makers:You have no consideration for 1.Local loyal customers.
2.Inability of the elderly to go further afield or understanding that many do not have access to
modern technology.3.That much inconvenience will be caused.4.Their own promise that the local branch would not close.
No wonder Bankers are not trusted.
Peppard resident

#24 Closure of Sonning Common Nat West Bank

2014-06-01 19:39

This banking facility is invaluable to the residents of both Sonning Common, Peppard and other nearby villages. I use the bank regularly for paying in cheques for a local charity as well as personal banking.
I most certainly do not want the bank to close and am very happy with the current three day week opening HOWEVER I will not sign this petition as I think moving it to the middle of Sonning Common, i.e. Wood Lane, would cause even more of a traffic/parking problem than exists already. So I will be signing the petition in Bristows newsagent or the Henley Standard one.

2014-06-09 15:40

We need this to stay open living in villages we are a lot of miles from towns and it is vital for the elderly and everyone else who uses it every time I go in they are always busy and have to wait