Save Austin Rawlinson Leisure Centre

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Austin Rawlinson Leisure Centre.

2014-05-01 08:21

even Thatcher didnt try to close the leisure centres!! come on people we nned to fight for this! stop letting them write us off!!

2014-05-01 08:41

our kids will have nothing
Disgusted_Scouser

#53 Re: Closing Down By Council... Everything Must Go!

2014-05-01 13:44

#10: -

I have a lot of sympathy with your cause. Our Council is shutting down important sections in areas that are supposed to be improving. The Estuary Business Park is one. The people working there would want to live in Speke to be close to work, but short-sighted Councillors haven't thought it through again!!! Take everything away, and what is there to entice people to live there, and also for companies to stay in the Estuary Park??? They get good money renting out the Estuary land, but don't want the locals to have any facilities. Awful!!! I don't know who to vote for now!! They all seem to be as bad as each other. Netherley was supposed to have Municipal Golf Courses, Fishing Lake, Running Track, etc. about SIX years ago. All I have ever seen is lorries making a massive mound around the area that was supposed to help youngsters have something to do. Is it a case that South Liverpool doesn't matter and shield the City Centre (Also known as the dump or ghost town!) and North Liverpool??? Our city is going down the tubes and Joe and the rest don't seem to care. What a shame to take the few good features and close them. Hang your heads in shame. Keep going people of Speke! Those of us in Lee Park, Belle Vale and Netherley support you.

2014-05-01 15:27

the council took the speke park away to build the school {parkland soon to close down} then the super store morrisons with the three story flats took more of the park,The people of speke were then told by the council a promise that the park would then moved to central way when the old school came down,We our still waiting for the park No School, No Park,No Baths.can the council tell the people of speke were did the well being go. and don't tell use Garston.

2014-05-01 15:50

Save Speke baths

2014-05-01 16:29

Well i think it is absolutely disgusting that everything is being taken away from all the children the police complain about crime rising in children, i wonder why? Because there is nothing around for them as it it and the only good few things we have your taken away!!!!

2014-05-01 16:36

Swimming is very important it saves lifes children should be introduced to water at a young age I run ABC swim school and take babies right up to adultsIit is a shame all the council pools are closing it also a type of therapy to some people with alsorts of disabilities and older people.
Kind regards Jenny Dobie ABC swim school

2014-05-01 19:32

A much needed facility for the community it should be saved!

2014-05-02 00:53

I was 14 when the pool opened and it brought extra to the kids of Speke. Now living overseas I still go back and other than the leisure centre there is nothing there for the community anymore. We use the pool when we are there though the opening hours now are not great and when closed we had to go to Garston. Leave it alone!!

#60 Re:

2014-05-02 06:48

#59: -

I know the opening hours available to the public are bad,we should never have sat back and let that happen in the first place, but now to take the few ahours a day we do have is awful!

2014-05-02 13:09

Speke is becoming a ghost town. If it does then it will be a hiding place for undesirables. How much it will it cost to police it then? a lot more than to keep the baths open. MAKE SPEKE A PLACE FOR FAMILIES TO GROW UP IN!

#62 Re:

2014-05-02 14:07

#25: -

If people used the baths more they wouldnt close it

2014-05-05 12:54

Good luck

2014-05-06 13:35

I have used the pool for 49 yrs we need our pool so hands off !!!!!!

2014-05-07 09:57

PARKLANDS SCHOOL....PARKLANDS NURSERY...NOW THE SPORTS CENTRE, WOT NEXT FOR SPEKE CLOSE DOWN THE BOULEVARD!!!!..WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SPKE/GARSTON PARTNERSHIP..WHY IS IT ALWAYS SPEKE THAT IS THE FORGOTTEN PLACE, HOPE SOUTH LIVERPOOL HOUSEING ARE GETTING ON BOARD WITH THIS THEY SHOULD BE SCREAMING BLUE MURDER AT ALL THESE CLOSURES. GOOD LUCK WITH THIS PETITION.

2014-05-07 16:52

A very worthy cause.

2014-05-09 17:58

this petition MUST be acted on
Daily Departed

2014-05-30 13:43

They took our parade and turned it into a field. They took our park and turned it into an overly sized car space. They WILL take our schools and we say farewell to our baths.

Are we going to get ANOTHER football pitch? Our 8th one? Are we getting anything?

I think its time to wave goodbye to Speke. I have FOREVER defended the claim that this place is a 'shit-hole', but not no more.

Let's move to Runcorn, Widnes even.