We Support The Mount’s Local Green Space!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition We Support The Mount’s Local Green Space!.

2014-04-23 14:59

I am a regular walker along the Severn Way, and the area that we are seeking Green Space status. I enjoy the spectacular views of the Shropshire countryside and indeed the river, this landscape is teaming with wildlife in what is a conservation area.
I am very supportive of making this a designated Green Space, it's stunning and should be kept this way for all to continue to enjoy.

2014-04-25 14:30

From here to the centre of Shrewsbury there is an unbroken green corridor of undeveloped land bordering the R. Severn. If permission is granted for development on this site, it will be difficult for the planners to refuse subsequent applications for development to take place on neighbouring land. At the moment this route into Town is one that has remained virtually unchanged since the days when Charles Darwin's family occupied the same named premises on the banks of the river abover Frankwell. Lets kep it that way, and in doing so recognise what a great asset this is to the town and its peope.

2014-04-25 17:43

This is an important piece of land with multiple users of various purposes. Try re-developing the large areas of run-down and derelict spaces elsewhere in Shrewsbury before destroying greenfield sites!

2014-04-26 21:26

I run this route regularly and this green space adds to the sense of wilderness and openness a short distance from the town centre. I am sure it also provides habitat for animals and plants. Gradually chipping away at these small areas will denude the town of some of it's unique charms. Once these precious resources are taken they are unlikely to ever return or be replaced. There are other 'brownfield' sites that are available in the equally central locations, such as around the flaxmill and near Morrisons. These would not impact on reduced green space in the town.