AliftforAmershamStation

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition AliftforAmershamStation.

2014-04-07 15:06

Vitally needed

2014-04-09 08:13

We are appalled at the cavalier manner in which travel hopes of 6 local disabled friends were let down when work on the access lift was stopped at Amersham station . age range 20's to 80's. Additionally every day in summer winter rain or shine and roughly x2 per hour ,infirm elderly and disabled are forced to RUN up along and down stairs at less than a minutes notice to the 2nd platform . If the station was a busy junction we could understand ...however for some reason the staff are not informed early enough to allow passengers to progress in their own time to the correct platform. More efficient and customer friendly must be made of of The Tube Trains waiting in the sidings they MUST be allowed to come into the Station and allow all passengers on board

2014-04-09 08:26

A lift would be good, but lifts often break down. A ramp alongside the steps would help with luggage, and would be easier to negotiate than the stairs. This could be in addition to the lift.

2014-04-09 08:43

Install a lift or revert to the old system of allowing passengers to walk across the line a the end of the platform, supervised by staff and after all signals are on stop. This would be a cheaper alternative!

2014-04-09 09:12

Work on providing a lift was halted (by the Mayor) because of the recession (apparently) and it is high time this project was reinstated and fully and quickly completed for the benefit of those who cannot walk over the bridge.
Cloggy Dick

2014-04-09 09:21

At 90, I find it tough going with a heavy case which I have to take if I travel distances if I go away by train or through London. People are very helpful if they see me struggling with case, stick and hand rail to get up and over that bridge despite my still pretty good strength. Coming down the other side of the bridge you have to hang on tight: a lift would be a Godsend.

2014-04-09 09:55

Virtually impossible for disabled to use Amersham Station due to stairs up and down, elderly certainly find it difficult, shopping must be a nightmare. This work was started for which we were pleased only to see that work terminated.

2014-04-09 10:13

A lift will be very helpful for the elderly and people with heavy luggage ...

2014-04-09 12:38

Please give the disabled the freedom to use Amersham station.

2014-04-09 14:31

I have lived in Amersham for almost 50 years and am now unable to use Amersham Station due to a serious hip disability

2014-04-09 16:10

We may all, one day, be unable to negotiate flights of stairs at stations for one reason or another. Amersham has a significant number of elderly residents who rely on public transport to get around. A lift is is needed to make the station accessible to all.

2014-04-09 16:30

TfL is a billion-pound organisation, yet still it ignores its disabled customers. Time for a change.

2014-04-09 16:42

This lift is essential for all people, young and old, with mobility issues. Please sign and support this petition to make Amersham a step free access station. Thank you

2014-04-09 16:54

I am just still able to use the stairs at Amersham Station, but as I am now 80, for how much longer? I love going up to london but the lack of a lift will definetly stop this pleasure. So I am100 o/o behind this petition

2014-04-09 18:06

Please ensure I have not signed this petition twice as I did not complete a first attempt as I encountered a problem. At my second attempt I had completed this box which this time was returned with no writing in it. The message in it confirmed what I re-state now. I do NOT wish to support any advertising. I DO NOT wish to support any nos of days. I will not be paying for anything.

2014-04-09 18:19

This amenity is long overdue.

2014-04-09 21:33

It would be very useful to have a lift when you are carrying a lot of luggage or when my elderly parents visit and want to go in to London

2014-04-09 22:50

A lift at Amersham Station is very overdue. The infirm or wheelchair users have great difficulty in exiting the station from any train from London to Amersham. There are steep stairs both up and down.

Many such people have to resort to getting off the train at Lt Chalfont station with all the additional difficulties of arranging additional or alternative transport.

2014-04-10 14:34

A huge amount of money has /is being invested, rightly so, in improving stations for the less able all across and around London. Amersham has a similar need to improve access for all.

2014-04-10 15:56

Amersham station is particularly unfriendly to users having regard to the steps over the tracks. Many elderly and disabled or partially disabled people wish to use the station. It is incredible that construction of a lift was started and discontinued some time ago, allegedly due to a lack of funds.

2014-04-10 17:53

They should never have stopped the work in the first place, so the sooner the work is restarted the better.

2014-04-10 18:33

Please provide a lift for people who are unable to access the central platforms for the Metropolitan and Chiltern Lines, via the existing stairs. At present anyone arriving from London who cannot climb them has to alight at Chalfont & Latimer.

2014-04-10 19:57

Because of all the stairs, it is essential that a lift is installed at Amersham Station.

#24 Amersam station lift

2014-04-10 21:24

It is perfectly obvious that easy access to the platforms the other side of the tracks is desperately needed. Has an underpass such as that of Chalfont and Latimer station been considered? Not much maintenance required once installed.

2014-04-12 16:40

This is long overdue and even at GT missenden an alternative route was provided years ago for the infirm/wheelchair users/families with prams/ cyclists.