Save our Kings lynn Queen Elizabeth Hospital.

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save our Kings lynn Queen Elizabeth Hospital..

2014-03-07 14:40

This hospital is vital to our rural communities in north norfolk. The thought of it closing is horrendous and the impact of closure pf the queen elizabeth in kings lynn will undoubtedly result in a large number of people going un trwated and indiagnosed due to an inability to travel 80mile round trips for treatment.

2014-03-07 15:08

The hospital should not be closed it will cause an over flow for the nearest hospitals norwich and peterborough and cause these to have even longer waiting times. Keep it open and help resolve the situation rather than deleting and ignoring it!

2014-03-07 15:35

What happens when somebody who lives too far away from norwich has an accident and doesn't have time to spare, getting to norwich takes nearly an hour from my house. closing this hospital could be the difference between someone living and someone dying

2014-03-07 15:56

How can they contemplate closing the Queen Elizabeth hospital when there are not enough beds there for patients as it is

2014-03-07 15:57

I attend every two months for Cancer treatment. For me it's a six hour day. Would have to add a further 2 hours for Peterborough.
No wonder people don't turn up for appointments?

2014-03-07 16:49

I think it's disgusting trying to get rid of the hospital bang out of order

2014-03-07 16:51

If anything happens in an emergency and Norwich, Cambridge and Peterborough are where we have to go then there could be serious consequences then how would they feel for closing it

2014-03-07 17:26

if thay close down our hospital lives will be lost

2014-03-07 17:32

my family have always been more than satisfied with our treatments at the King's Lynn Queen Elizabeth hospital over the years. the staff have been kind and friendly even though they have often been rushed off their feet. when my mother was in there a couple of years ago she was very satisfied with her treatment and meals, in fact she said she would need to lose weight when she went home as the meals were so good, and she and of course the other patients were getting up to 3 cooked meals a day. well done Q.E.H. King's Lynn and long may you remain open to serve the local and wider community.

2014-03-07 17:52

It's madness we are in rural norfolk do not take things away improve whats here

2014-03-07 18:23

My daughter has very recently had my grandson in this hospital and I was with her for support. They were amazing. Do not close this hospital it would be such a shame.

2014-03-07 18:43

Having had more than 40 procedures at this hospital I can say that with just a couple of exceptions, I have received the most amazing care. Staff have always been willing to help with anything I need. Closure of this hospital would be devastating as so many rely upon its existence.

2014-03-07 19:17

We need an A&E, to travel over 30 miles to one is madness

2014-03-07 20:27

I think its disgusting that someone that probobly
dont even live in this area say what happends to
our hospital with the young kids and babys
in this area what do we do if theres a real emergency

2014-03-07 22:17

If it's poss at all, we need to save OUR hospital!!

2014-03-07 22:17

It would be total madness to close this hospital. It would mean an hours journey each way to either Norwich or Peterborough if this hospital closed.
The way A and E are always busy shows it must be kept open and out patients are always full. You only have to look at the car park to see how busy this hospital is.

2014-03-07 22:37

I suffer from a number of health problems that make me prone to falls. My mother has an end-stage disease. If Lynn's A&E closes, the nearest A&E unit is 45 miles away. I cannot drive due to my health problems and thus have had no option but to live in a town. How the hell are we expected to get to the hospital if the nearest A&E moves to a staggering 40 miles away?? The QEH has been consistently mis-managed for years and my family has received apology after apology, yet nothing had changed. Why should we, the patients, be the ones to suffer yet again due to bad management practice? They need to invest in effective, computerised systems to ensure their operations run smoother, allowing resources to be pooled in critical places, instead of wasting money hand over fist on poor systems and incompetent consultants.

2014-03-08 00:08

Myself and hubby have both had and still having at the Macmillan central so Mr hunt keep your hands off our hospital

2014-03-08 04:37

The people of west Norfolk need health care now more than ever.

2014-03-08 08:07

NHS is struggling with raised admissions but less funding , kingslynn hospital is a vital hospital for us its the difference of 10 mins drive in an emergency to 45 min drive so your messing with life and death here!

2014-03-08 09:27

I have already made comments on this matter and also have signed up to the petition with 38 Degrees.
It is very important to this part of the county that keep this vital hospital in our area, it makes no sense whatsoever and the delays that will undoubtedly occur will put the lives of patients in jeopardy.
J Sherratt

2014-03-08 09:34

I think it's disgusting closing any hospital, if it was not for the QEH kings Lynn I would not have been treated for breast cancer, they were fast and efficient, if I had been referred to either Norwich or Cambridge I would not have been seen. Or treated that quickly, like all people who have money Jermey Hunt has the option to go to private hospital's, most people in the UK DON'T have this luxury.

2014-03-08 09:41

I have used the QE hospital at Kings Lynn and to travel 50 miles to Peterborough or 60 miles to Norwich is an unreasonable distance for any person to have to travel to receive emergency treatment. constant closures of hospitals will prove a false economy as those left open do not have the capacity to handle the increased numbers, typical short sighted policy.

2014-03-08 17:33

We live in a rural community it would be impossible to travel for care at another hospital taking about an hour with poor public transport.

2014-03-08 20:14

Saved my life several times