Seaford Head School Phone Ban

Seaford Head School Phone Ban / Announcements / Press Release / Comments

2014-02-26 19:18

Look out for Seaford Head on the South Coast Leader.
-Rob

2014-02-27 06:50

Our free time is ours. Its not fair for them to not let us use our phones in our free Time.

#3 BBC PRESS

2014-02-27 12:23

BBC PRESS SPOTTED AROUND SEAFORD HEAD SCHOOL AGAIN TODAY! 27/02/14
THIS IS BRILLIANT GUYS!!

2014-02-27 13:33

As a fellow student at seaford head school i and other feel this petition is out of order as we agree that we should not get our phones out in class but however when its break or launch time that is our time and we should be allowed to have them out, also this time is shoudl be provided for contacting our parents is needed but as we no longing we can do this we now have to go to student serivces just to contact our parents and not everyone wants to share there busienss with the school as many of us students do not trust the school becuase they do not let us have any freedom.
the school not only has the phone ban in placed, what i mean by we have no freedom is that at break and launch we are not allowed to walk aroudn our own school as they lock the doors so we our either forced to go into the playground or the cateen this is suggesting to me that they have no trust in us.

Mine Turtle

#5 Re:

2014-02-27 16:21

#4: -

& I quote " this is not a petition asking to use them in lessons. This is a petition to ask for the ban on using phones at break and lunch to be lifted. Break and lunch are free time, and we feel that as a student body, we should be allowed to use our phones. "

That is the simple waver that this petition is requesting so how can the petition be out of order?

Izabella

#6 Freedom

2014-02-28 18:34

Has there been any response on the part of the school (public or otherwise) to this petition, clearly stating their reasoning (if any) behind what appears to be a heavy handed infringement of pupils rights? Yes, they DO have them. If not, the silence speaks volumes. All credit to the students for standing up for D-E-M-O=C-R-A-C-Y!