Seaford Head School Phone Ban

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Seaford Head School Phone Ban.

mc lovin

#51 school sucks

2014-02-25 16:10

I hate that they have put a ban on phones!
~Pikachu~

#52 We need our phones

2014-02-25 17:04

For goodness sake!
This is ridiculous, I can see what they are trying to do. They are trying to stop people from using phones in lessons (which still happens even WITH this rule in place -_-') but, very few of us do that. Most of us only check them either in between lessons or in break/lunch. I don't see how checking your phone during those periods affects your learning when you're NOT EVEN IN LESSONS!! Why should all of us have to suffer?
Also, for those saying "Wel, u cn jst use student services fone!!!1!11!"...some can't. It costs money (which some people don't have a lot of) to use their phone and there'll be a long queue of people waiting to use it. I don't want to wait 10/15/20 minutes to phone my parents with money I don't have. I'd rather use my phone to call them at break/lunch which takes seconds and (if you're on contract) doesn't cost you money on the spot.
Lolz, my rant is now over XD Hopefully this silly rule is removed ~
Oi miss golds

#53 Head

2014-02-25 17:51

Miss Golds walks around school on her phone most of the time. This ban should be on her to
The voice of insanity

2014-02-25 17:55

Guys we need to spread the word! This isn't getting anywhere if we don't have more people! The more people on this then the better our chances of this working!

#55 Stalin

2014-02-25 18:08

I agree, the phone ban is bad. If I actually abided by the rules today then I wouldn't have received the text from my mum to say that I was getting a lift from her because I have to go to the doctors. I would have walked straight out of school and got it down the road. By then I would have probably been late for the doctors and have to go through the muddle of my mum having to find me somewhere so she could pick me up.

I have to go to the doctors and hospital quite often, and after school Times (especially when I have after school lessons and clubs) are too late to book these appointments, so I usually phone at break an lunch. What am I meant to do now? The reasons I go to the doctors is confidential, I don't want to be saying it in front of Wendy Bray, or anyone in student services for that matter. When I'm on the phone at school I go off into a corner on my own and get left alone.

But this petition isn't going to do anything
Choose a nickname

#56 Castro

2014-02-25 18:16

I think the author should stop censoring people and deleting comments too, however invalid/irrelevant they are I think we should still see them

#57 Re: Stalin

2014-02-25 18:41

#55: - Stalin

Your mum could have called Student Services and asked for a message to be passed to you.  It does work!!

#58 Re: Re: Stalin

2014-02-25 19:05

#57: - Re: Stalin

Hardly. She doesn't know about the phone ban and its not instant.

Brandon Rudd

#59 Re: Stalin

2014-02-25 19:08

#55: - Stalin

you're being very selfish, u should use the student services phone like everyone else, instead of breaking rules because you think you're problems are so much more important than other people, u make me sick.

#60 Stalin

2014-02-25 19:19

Selfish? How am I being selfish? By not spending 20p I don't have (seeing as I have packed lunch)to use "valuable" student services time on their phone while they are listening into my conversation? I'm pretty sure no one else is obeying this rule, how is it selfish me using my own phone which I pay for on contract. I'm not saying me missing a lift is a big deal but how I meant to sort my drs appointments

#61 Re: Stalin

2014-02-25 19:39

#60: - Stalin

well maybe u should eat more vitamins, just a suggestion

Coolaid

#62 Penis

2014-02-25 19:45

Ok, so i realized no one had made a penis comment, and fuck me, im surprised, i mean come on guys getting sloppy...
~Pikachu~

#63 Re: Head

2014-02-25 19:52

#53: Oi miss golds - Head

I know right!! Ridiculous >:(

~Pikachu~

#64 Re:

2014-02-25 19:53

#54: The voice of insanity -

Send the link to friends either through e-mails or texts. TELL EVERYONE!!

brandon rudd

2014-02-25 21:22

whoever's using my name can you stop it or I will call the police!!!!!!!!

#66 Re: Re: Stalin

2014-02-25 21:39

#61: - Re: Stalin

Vitamins for a problem that has nothing to do with my overall health? sure.

The voice of insanity

2014-02-26 08:07

Can we all stop arguing? We have to get a grip of ourselves and look at the big picture! We have to spread the word for this petition otherwise it isn't going to do anything. The less we fight each other and the more we work together the more likely it his will work.
verno

2014-02-26 13:21

Why do children feel their rights should trump the rules of those in authority. Teachers and schools are legally responsible for children when at school and are charged with making what they feel are appropriate decisions for their care. There is no reason (except in rare and extreme circumstances) why children need to use their phones during the school day (NB. 'need' and 'want' are completely different) When you are an adult you can do whatever you like whenever you like and accept the consequences, until then I'm afraid you will have to do what you are told. Alternatively you could move to China and have the freedoms their children enjoy. Stop bloody moaning about freedom and rights and realise how lucky you are in this country.You are not entitled to things just because you want those things!

2014-02-26 13:59

Children should have freedom to do what they wish in there own break time with mobile phones.
Many parents (as I do) like to speak to or text their children in the break times.

2014-02-26 14:24

International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
Article 19

1. Everyone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference.

2. Everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice.

Article 26

All persons are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to the equal protection of the law. In this respect, the law shall prohibit any discrimination and guarantee to all persons equal and effective protection against discrimination on any ground such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status.

Convention on the Rights of the Child
Article 13

1. The child shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of the child's choice.
Welcome To Hell. Population: SEAFORD HEAD

2014-02-26 16:11

I require access to my phone during break and lunch in order to contact my mum because I have severe anxiety and just having a small text conversation with her makes me feel more calm! If SSO want me to go call my mum for a casual 'chat' then sure.. I'll do that.
Fellow in-mate

2014-02-26 16:13

I spend a lot of time in SSO and, geez, they get a hell of a lot of phone calls as it is without more from the parents and students. I mean, realistically, they're just making it harder for themselves!!

#73 Re: Head

2014-02-26 16:16

#53: Oi miss golds - Head

YES! ALL THE RULES SHOULD APPLY TO THE TEACHERS AS WELL! FOR EXAMPLE, MS WHIFFIN AND HER 6 EAR PEIRCINGS!

Lynton Golds

2014-02-26 16:33

I think that the idea of kids not being allowed to use their mobile phones in school is stupidity.

Robert

#75 BBC ONE 6:30PM TONIGHT / SOUTH COAST LEADER / EASTBORNE HERALD (PENDING)

2014-02-26 16:37

BBC SOUTH EAST TODAY - BBC ONE - 6:30pm

This petition has been brought to the attention of the local press.