Free Transport to for Imberhorne Upper children from Crawley Down

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Free Transport to for Imberhorne Upper children from Crawley Down.

2013-11-20 20:36

This route is not safe for children

2013-11-21 14:49

As a grown up, I will not walk this route alone.

2013-11-21 17:45

As an ex Imberhorne Student, this argument has been going on for way too long. There is no way the Worth Way should be considered a viable route! I only hope they can see sense as public transport becomes more expensive.
Concerned Resident!

2013-11-21 20:28

It's appalling that the council are using this route to exclude vulnerable school children from paid public transport that they should be entitled to! Please put child safety and security first and stop ignoring the concerns of your electorate!

2013-11-29 16:52

The Worth Way is a countryside cycle track and I would not be happy with my children using this route unaccompanied in winter or summertime.
Kevin

2013-12-09 14:19

I commute to work from Crawley Down-East Grinstead via Worth Way, and know the route very well indeed.
By 5pm the route is usually very dark indeed, and ordinary road-use cycle lights are not adequate or safe.
I suggest the local authority be requested to meet on the Worth Way at 5pm in December or January so they can assess the full extent of this for themselves. I'm happy to support this.
Mike

2013-12-11 09:29

I do not consider an unlit dirt track through the woods to be an appropriate year-round route to school. I will strongly oppose any attempt to force this on us and would not allow my children to use it.

2013-12-11 12:25

I am appalled that children are expected to use the Worth Way to travel to and from school. As an adult, I do not walk the Worth Way after a certain time of the day, especially in the winter!
A concerned parent

2013-12-17 19:18

It is disgraceful that the council consider the Worth Way an appropriate route to school for teenagers. It is not a worthy option during the summer months, but during the winter it is downright dangerous. There is no lighting and the path can become very slippery. I agree with Kevin above that someone from the council/local authority be invited to walk the route after 4pm during the winter to understand why it is not a viable option for our children.