The Barn Nursery BOTW Reinstate the registration of Alison Cort

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition The Barn Nursery BOTW Reinstate the registration of Alison Cort.

2013-04-22 15:19

Ofsted you are a disgrace

2013-04-22 18:15

The Barn Nursery staff helped both my son Michael and myself no end.
When Michael started at the nursery he was like a tornado,he did with n't speak or mix with other children and thanks to all the hard work from staff at the Barn he is now in Bourton Primary school,he is top of his class and the child that everybody wants to play with.

2013-04-22 19:09

My boys have been going to The Barn nursery the last 4 years, the staff has provided excellent care. I commute 106 miles a day to work just because I am so happy by the care provided by the nursery that I won't consider moving closer to work. The care provided by the Barn is above and beyond the call of duty

2013-04-22 19:10

my son was at the barn about 6 years ago, he was forced to eat food he didnt like even though id told them his dietary requirements, he was left at school when he was supposed to be collected, he was left asleep in the van outside unsupervised, a number of times i collected him and he was distressed mostly the reason being he had been shouted at and forced to eat.

#5 Re:

2013-04-22 19:24

I am sorry you have had this experience but doesn't sound anything like the nursery my children have been attending for the last 4 yrs. the owners and staff have gone above and beyond to make sure they have felt safe and secure and eating has never been a problem. Children are offered new things to try and my son says he is allergic to it if he doesn't want something and he has never been forced to eat anything he didn't want to.

Intact now being at primary school he asks to attend during the school,holidays as he wants to go back to the friendly , caring and supportive setting. On collecting my children they are pleased to see mummy but it takes me a while to get them to leave as they happily go back to join in with the activity that is going on.

2013-04-22 19:30

One of the above comments sounds very unrealistic?! If it was that much of a problem why wait 6 years to make a comment???

2013-04-22 19:33

My son was at the Barn when it was first in Northleach and then over in Bourton, I could not fault anything about it, everybody was very caring and went that extra mile to help.
And I would support Alison Cort all the way.

#8 Re:

2013-04-22 19:45

#6: Guest -

well said.

I have had no problems and my children have attended for well over six years

2013-04-22 19:48

This is a gd nursery. 1 mistake should not cause so many people so much misery. The person involved in the incident now has nothing to do with the nusery. So let this brilliant organisation carry on!

#10 Re:

2013-04-22 19:49

#6: Guest -

i am making the comment now as i am responding to the issue, i did complain at the time and removed my child. i am simply saying what my experience was.

Stuart tired and fed up parent Bridges

#11 Farce

2013-04-22 19:58

It's difficult to find the words to describe your feelings without swearing. Just when I thought orated couldn't get anymore incompetent they pull this stunt. Could someone with even the faintest degree of professional ability take control of this farce and reopen the nursery immediately so that the north Cotswold working parents can back to a normal routine safe in the knowledge that their children are in safe hands of professionals and not being looked after by ofsted staff whom I would trust with watering my garden.

2013-04-22 20:06

We have 2 children at the Barn and have used the nursery for 5 years now. The children are very happy (and safe!) there. We can't and don't want to send our children to another nursery or child minder as the Barn fulfills all our requirements ie bus after school to nursery.
Naushin c

2013-04-22 20:11

The care my sons have received at the Barn has been outstanding, for me it has always been like leaving my kids with their Gran and not at a business. Despite he mistake that cost mrs Cort her registration I would have no issues leaving my children is she had been in charge. I have nothing but praise and gratitude for The barn and all the staff there and this attitude by ousted is looking like a witch hunt

2013-04-22 20:11

We have two children at the barn full time and during this time (from 2008) we have only received an excellent service from the professional staff and Mr and Mrs Cort. The sooner the Barn re-opens the better for all our children and our employers. They are the only nursery in the area which provides a school bus service to drop off and collect which is invaluable to all those working parents.

2013-04-22 20:13

My children have attended for 8 years and I cannot fault the excellent care that my children have received from all The Cort's and the staff. They have gone over and above as far as my children's welfare is concerned and I am absolutely appalled by OFSTEDs actions.

2013-04-22 20:18

we were part of the original crew when our eldest daughter started in the Barn in Nortleach back in 1999! We finally and reluctantly parted company with The Barn when the youngest child started Senior School in September. The care that the Barn provided over the 13 years was AMAZING: everything was completely centered around the well-being of the children. Alison will do a fabulous job running the place. Ofsted - sort your flipping act out!!!
Naushin C

#17 Re: Re:

2013-04-22 20:24

I am sorry to hear of your experience, that just does not sound like The Barn, we follow the Muslim faith and The Corts went out of their way to buy halal meat for my children and prepare special food for them. They were never shouted at, they loved being at the Bran and are looking forward to going back there. The Corts have almost accommodated after school clubs as well, even taking my younger son for swimming lessons at the leisure club. As I said before I have nothing but praise and gratitude for the care provided byThe Barn .

2013-04-22 20:39

I used to go to the barn before I started comprehensive school, it was a really good nursery. It was one and should continue to be one of the best nurseries in the country. Why can't they just be reinstated, it's wrong to deprive and inconvenience so many parents.

#19 Re-open The Barn Nursery

2013-04-22 20:46

My children both went to The Barn nursery (now both at Primary School) and the care they received there was second to none. Both Mr & Mrs Cort ran a caring nursery who really truly cared for the children in the way no other nursery in the area had (I've been to two others). One of my children in particular had some health issues and each time these arose Mrs Cort was patient and kind - a wonderful role model and a huge support to my husband and I. I am indebited for their care and support and am absolutely appalled at the way in which they have been treated by OFSTED and the authorities. Now Alison is being treated in the same way. There has got to be serious questions answered by OFSTED about the impact of THEIR ACTIONS on the chilrens welfare, educational and social progress. This is a two way street.I am absolutely disgusted that OFSTED are considered professional enough to make decisions about OUR CHILDREN and be allowed to behave and treat people in this way.

2013-04-22 21:33

This is a vital service to many working Parents, they are the only after school club that pick up children from school, without these people I would be claiming income support because I couldn't have returned to work. I would trust them with my child any day of the week, I had no idea this was the reason why they hadn't opened up again, what a load of nonsense, please use some common sense and get them open again.
teddy

#21 appalling

2013-04-22 21:45

I have been a senior nursery nurse for almost 8 years, I have a 2 year old in a different nursery as i have heard many disturbing things regarding this nursey. It is a disgrace to the profession, and have rightfully been closed. It may be an inconvenience for you all but wouldnt parents prefer a good nursey to be run knowing thier child is safe. One incident or not it SHOULD NEVER OF HAPPENED AT ALL. If there was no ofsted ensuring the safety and correct education is taking place in nurseries then who knows what would happen. I am surprised by the reactions as parents to reinstate a poor nursery, its appalling. If something happened within a nursey that angered or upset you you would be the first to threaten, complain and report them yet your inconvenienced, or you had a good experience there, surely the report opens some eyes that all is not as it seems. everyone is entitled to an opinion and not everyone will agree or like it.

2013-04-22 21:51

There is no need for no. 4's comments , the commenting should be about how much the barn nursery has supported and helped parents and their children. This should have nothing to do with your childs inability to try food.

2013-04-22 21:54

I am a child that used to go to the Barn nursery, therefore i know first hand that Children were never forced to eat food that they didn't like, i'm sure your child was just at that age where everything was exadurated out of preportion. We all need to continue supporting the Barn nursery.

Stfu

#24 Re: appalling

2013-04-22 21:54

You clearly have heard only one side of the story and have no real knowledge of this nursery, it's staff and owners. You are a disgrace commenting so negatively on a case you know nothing about.

2013-04-22 21:59

What exactly are you referring to, all the comments from 11 onwards have been positive, did you read them properly?