Dark Knight Profits

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Dark Knight Profits.

2012-07-25 09:06

I support this cause as not only a fan of the movie, a human being whos heart goes out to them but as someone who knows how heavy mounting medical bills weight. I'm 22 and STILL paying medical debit from years ago. Please help support these people and not insult to their injury.
The Bat

#2 Re:

2012-07-25 18:55

When I saw the news that a mom was having to make a choice between her continuing breast cancer treatments or the expenses for her own daughter's longterm medical needs and recovery, as a result of injuries sustained in the shooting, I couldnt help but feel that Warner Brothers should step up and be real heroes instead of just entertaining us with fictional ones.

The Bat

2012-07-26 09:31

"Victims may be eligible to receive up to $20,000 for out-of-pocket expenses not covered by insurance or other collateral resources, or up to $1,000 in emergency funds directly related to the crime...not every program can pay up to the statutory maximum. Again, you must contact the district where the crime occurred to determine eligibility." (This is directly from the Office for Victims Programs in Colorado and much of it is related to reimbursement not coverage. I can see that those affected will need much more than what is commonly available and my prayers are that others will be moved to do so.)