Re-Launch Petition 'IMPROVE GP ACCESS ACROSS PEMBROKESHIRE'

Re-Launch Petition 'IMPROVE GP ACCESS ACROSS PEMBROKESHIRE' / Announcements / Update & Invitation to meet / Comments

2022-08-17 16:26

When I last telephoned AMG it took 12 minutes for my call to be answered. I was no 27 in line and I initiated the call at 0800hrs. It is not acceptable to be holding on the telephone for 12 minutes, but I have seen that other patients have had a worse experience. Why, oh why, can appointments not be booked online in this 21st century era.

Anonymous

2022-08-17 16:36

Hi Carl, thanks for the update. The point I'd like to raise us that AMC have an online health assessment form that a patient can complete. When that form is completed, and the recommended outcome is an appointment with a Health Care Professional, would it not then be appropriate fora HCP /receptionist to contact the patient and offer an appointment, either face to face or telephone. At the moment, when advised review with HCP, the patient still has to join next days 8am lottery.
Many thanks Sian

#3 Re:

2022-08-17 17:40

#1: -  

Thanks for replying that is something I will be asking for. I will give feedback

#4 Re:

2022-08-17 17:46

#2: -  

Hi Sian,

Not sure if I fully understand. Is the situation that patients with certain category of illnesses can complete an online assessment form. Then when you do that, you are thrown back into the mainstream and have to go through the telephone ordeal ?

#5 Re:

2022-08-17 17:50

#2: -  

Hi Sian
i wasn't aware of the online assessment form. Can it be accessed through Argyle web site. It does seem a useless tool if it throws you back to the phone

2022-08-18 06:07

Hi Carl, great progress so far. Being employed has so many disadvantages when accessing medical help, more so from our AMG. Not being able to telephone at the lottery times is like not being included in the win! Not available to phone up at 8am, hold on the telephone call, receive an appointment face to face or via call back, as the employed would not be able to remain available to accept the help if lucky enough to get through as would need to book the morning plus appointment times from work at such short notice! Plus , given the present situation at AMG the chance of even being accepted to see the GP is less than slim. Its been this unfair, inequality service for years and the health and wellbeing of about 60% of the population under AGM patients in the area are unfairly treated/ penalised. The pharmacies can not cope safely as it is due to lack of medicines, the amount of times I have attempted to collect prescription s for my neighbours and family only to be told " sorry we don't have enough could you come back after the weekend/ " I have been alongside one young man who's heart tablets were not available for the weekend...its terribly risky and a definate lottery that all have no choice but to take part with a guaranteed lose. Thank you

2022-08-18 09:22

Totally agree to all of the above.

2022-08-22 07:13

I work with people who are on a low income. Many have pay as you go phones. They often do not have the phone credit to permit them to ring up to 50 times in a morning to make an appointment. Each time the phone connects to the message - ‘ the phone line is now full please try again’ it costs. I often have to make appts for my clients. I am a PCC employee & use my works phone to do this so the cost goes to PCC.

Paid advertising

We will advertise this petition to 3000 people.

Learn more...