FLINTSHIRE COUNCIL ATTACKS WELSH-MEDIUM TEACHING.

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition FLINTSHIRE COUNCIL ATTACKS WELSH-MEDIUM TEACHING..

2011-07-07 16:48

My 2 boys both attend Ysgol Terrig in Treuddyn. We chose this school because it is Welsh Medium with smaller class sizes so that they would benefit. Now the school is under threat. They have both come on leaps and bounds in the 12 months and love going to school there. This will change if the school is changed.

2011-07-07 18:32

my son attends a welsh medium school and i believe all people in wales should have that choice

2011-07-07 20:08

We are Wales, we are a Principality in our own right. Our Language must be upheld in our own Country. How dare anyone suggest that Welsh Schools should merge with English Schools, and be used as a second language. Welsh Schools should be kept at all costs. If English speakers want to only be taught in Welsh, then they should move over the border into England!

2011-07-07 20:19

keep the welsh language alive and see our welsh children into the future.we have a brilliant,friendly school leave it alone and keep it welsh.

2011-07-07 21:25

It is an insult to the welsh language that Flintshire council are attacking our welsh-medium teaching, just because they want to save costs, surely there are different areas they can look at without affecting our children's education and right to the learn the welsh language..

2011-07-07 21:25

All my children attend the terrig school and love the school just as it is.

malakais mum

2011-07-07 21:35

my little boy attends ysgol terrig the classes are smaller and he gets the care he needs with him having epilepsy the teachers are amazing and he has been able to count to 1000 since he has been 25 months do the alphabet forwards and back and talks in welsh you couldnt wish for a better school the council should stop spending money on there expenses and flower beds and save these schools this is wales after all dont take the colture away its wrong the only people who will suffer is the next generation bigger classes=less educated children more problems in the future whats the world coming to everyone deserves a good education.

2011-07-08 00:31

cadwch yr ysgolion cymraeg fel mae nhw, mae'r system yn gweithio fel mae nhw.

2011-07-08 00:44

Please stop the total anglofication of children born in wales!

2011-07-08 01:00

I attended Ysgol Glanrafon and Ysgol Maes Garmon and I want my children to do the same. Merging or federating Flintshire's Welsh schools with English-medium schools would be a massive blow to the Welsh language, culture and identity in the area. We choose Welsh schools for a reason - please respect that choice.
EDDIE

2011-07-08 01:00

who ever thought merging a welsh school with a english school and making welsh a second language there is out of order, welsh speeking schools are slowly dying out as there is only one welsh speeking high school in flintshire, iff anything the council should be spending on welsh school, not trying to save money, espesially in wales, WALES is for the WELSH and WELSH is in WALES CYMRO AM BYTH :)

2011-07-08 01:41

You should be ashamed of yourself's! For everything we have fought for as individuals, and as a country! You are taking a step back in relation to our own culture and more importantly the Welsh language. You should also be aware that the opposition is strong, and as a result we will not back down!!! For the pride of our lanuage and our country... Cymru Am Byth!!!!!

2011-07-08 07:06

o oedran ifanc cyflwyno'r iaith Gymraeg i blentyn yn eu helpu i ddod o hyd i godi ieithoedd eraill yn haws.

2011-07-08 11:53

Gwarth fod Cyngor Sir y Fflint yn meddwl creu ysgolion 'dwy-ieithog'. Diwedd addysg Gymraeg yw ystyr hynny. Rhaid brwydro yn erbyn hyn i'r eithaf, fel yng ngweddill Cymru. Ysgolion dwy-ieithog = ysgolion Saesneg.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2011-07-08 12:36

2011-07-08 20:36

To be born WELSH is to be born privileged; not with a silver spoon in your mouth but with music in your heart and poetry in your soul.
Cadwch yr iaith. Cymru am Byth!

2011-07-09 00:00

Flintshire was at the forefront of providing Welsh medium education over 50 years ago. I am disappointed and concerned that the present council do not have the same committment towards safeguarding and promoting one of the oldest languages in current use. All children born in Wales, and all children moving into Wales must be allowed not only to learn to speak the Welsh language but the right of being taught through the medium of that language. I hope very much that the powers that be see sense before it is too late. Welsh medium education must not be given second-class status. Allowing Ysgol Gwenffrwd to be classed as a feeder school of Holywell High School by being positioned on a super-campus would be a detrimental step.  Ysgol Gwenffrwd must be given complete autonomy on its own independent site.

2011-07-09 02:59

The council should be proud they provide Welsh language schools and preserve them. The Welsh language was a common sound on my high street when I was a child now it is very rare.

2011-07-09 19:20

It used to be against the law to teach or speak " Welsh " and within the fact that the words Welsh and Wales come from the Anglo Saxon for foreign it now seems that Flintshire council are trying to attain the same result via the back door, Peking is now Biejing, Bombay is now Mumbai it's about time we were back to being called Cymru and not by an insulting term brought on by the ancient invaders, don't forget we were here first

2011-07-09 20:09

Council should be ashamed of themselves, the whole reason Welsh culture is in danger nowadays is because of idiotic moves by the government and local councils these schools should stay Welsh-medium rather than conforming to an idiotic council and their cost cutting Tory ways

2011-07-10 00:03

Nid lleihau'r ddarpariaeth na chadw pethau fel ag y maen ddylai fod y nod - ond ehangu a datblygu ysgolion CYmraeg yn Y Sir. Nid yw'r cyngor Sir wedi cynyddu'r ddarpariaeth Gymraeg yn y Sir ers cenedlaethau. Mae'n hen bryd iddyn nhw gael Cynllun / Strategaeth ar Gyfer Datblygu Addysg Gymraeg, yn lle torri costau a datblygu darpariaeth Saesneg. Ysgolion Cymraeg Newydd Nawr!

2011-07-10 00:44

Welsh was here before the english language was just bare that in mind!!!! i attended Ysgol Glanrafon and now attend Ysgol Maes Garmon , i think the language is great , Teachers are really good at teaching and would recommend any one near the erea to go to these schools !

2011-07-11 00:47

Rhaid sicrhau ysgolion Cymraeg presennol y sir ac hefyd ehangu'r darpariaeth i ateb y galw. Mae Glanrafon yn llawn.

2011-07-11 18:40

Wyt ti'n gwrando Dilwyn?

2011-07-11 22:28

Flintshire should be ashamed of what they are proposing which is watering down Welsh language provision. It is so short sighted and short term. I thought Welsh medium schools had a protected status and that it was the tiny English medium rural schools that were at risk and made more sense to merge or close. This is simply a cost cutting exercise that has not been thought out. I know that the two primary schools in question are under subscribed, but at the same time they need to acknowledge that Croes Atti and Glanrafon are bursting at the seams and we could actually do with Welsh language super primary schools. If there is no full Welsh medium provison in the future at Treuddyn, where on earth will those children go? Glanrafon needs an extension on an extension!
Lets hope enough people get behind the campaign and we stop them in their tracks.