Save our Stage

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save our Stage.

2016-03-25 22:20

Because my family have lived in Catterick for over forty years and that stage is part of the fabric of the village!

2016-03-25 22:23

Part of our history and we know people who still want to share this with the community

2016-03-25 22:42

This stage can't go! Part of the village make up and provided entertainment for years and many more to come! Catterick Village Theatre Company is back up and running! 

Anonymous

2016-03-25 23:01

An absolute disgrace to even consider. That stage should be available for generations to come. Short sightedness of today's committee should not deprive generations of the future. Hopefully the committee will see sense and reconsider. The theatre company always performed to packed audiences of hundreds- I'd like to take a bet that no other feature of the hall provides such entertainment; such enjoyment to so many. 

2016-03-26 00:39

Why change something that has worked for years and at what cost?

2016-03-26 08:28

To remove the stage doesn't always mean it's progress. Leave it alone.

Anonymous

2016-03-27 12:35

The Booth Memorial Hall that I have known all my life is a community facility available for the public of our local community.

When the stage is used is when we really see this coming to fruition- ie when the hall is filled with hundreds of members of the local community during theatre company productions.

I also believe that the committee, on behalf of the community, have a duty of preservation of the Booth Memorial Hall- one of the few halls in the area with a stage. History demolished!

As quoted in the press by the chairman of the committee, "We don't want (the renovations) to stop the community from using it" - Sep 27th 2015 The Northern Echo.

Removing the stage would show little regard for the preservation of the hall, the opinions of the community and the opportunities of future generations.