STOP LLOYDS BANK IN BROCKENHURST FROM CLOSING

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition STOP LLOYDS BANK IN BROCKENHURST FROM CLOSING.

2016-01-13 15:24

I have banked at the Brockenhurst branch since the 1960's. It will be a great loss to the community should it close. Many elderly people rely on this branch as travel to lymington is not an option. Could Lloyds bank rent a space in one of the shops in the village to continue to provide us with a vital service?

2016-01-13 15:28

It is vital for the local community, many who are elderly, that this branch remains in Brockenhurst.

2016-01-24 12:31

We have only this bank in Brockenhurst, the village contains a large number of older people to whom modern banking methods are alien. Small business' would be adversely affected. This is not some rural hamlet in the back of beyond but a thriving substantial community that houses many tourists, and the Brockenhurst College students, also hosts the world renowned New Forest Show; the cash machine is in constant use; notwithstanding what Lloyds say local customers will tell you that there is always queue in the branch, particularly since the hours have been restricted.
need the bank

#29 Brockenhurst Lloyds Bank - Stop the closure.

2016-01-24 12:38

To close the last bank in Brockenhurst is totally appalling.  Brockenhurst has many elderly people who cannot travel outside the village.  Brockenhurst hosts the world renowned New Forest Show, has thousands of tourists in the summer months, Brockenhurst College has several thousand students who rely on getting their cash from the cash machine.  We need to keep a bank in Brockenhurst.

2016-01-25 10:53

Because I and my wife use Lloyds bank in the village and have done for many years.

2016-01-29 22:12

As an account holder I haven't been contacted to be advised of this closure. I was told by a local taxi driver and had to google to find out about it and so this petition. If the branch's own customers with Brockenhurst addresses aren't being told in advance then this petition must surely be the tip of the iceberg of people affected. When the HSBC closed a couple of years ago I only found out when I got to the branch to pay a bill although I was a regular customer of the branch with a Brockenhurst address. Like many people I don't change account holding branch when I move house as the branch doesn't make any difference these days. I tried using phone banking but the third time I tried to move money between my own accounts I was told I had to go to a branch "because of fraud prevention". How's that going to work if all the branches have closed?

2016-01-29 22:19

I am a wheelchair user and no longer allowed to drive. Closing the bank will chip away another vestige of independence.

2016-02-24 10:45

We who live in Brockenhurst really need this lovely bank here