STOP LLOYDS BANK IN BROCKENHURST FROM CLOSING

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition STOP LLOYDS BANK IN BROCKENHURST FROM CLOSING.

2015-12-20 19:43

We need a bank in brockenhurst the post office is great but we need to get to our cash at all times and to close the bank is silly

2015-12-20 21:49

Every village should have a bank. We have already lost HSBC & if we lost this bank then the next nearest one is Lymington, new Milton or Lyndhurst, which can be a trek at times.

2015-12-20 22:43

Because we need a bank in the village and when I got frauded I went in and spoke to them straight away face to face and did not have to travel and the elderly need a bank here to

2015-12-21 10:28

I have a business in Brockenhurst and have used Lloyds branch in Brockenhurst for the past 32 years.
It is the only Bank left in the village and will be sorely missed by locals and the thousands of tourists who visit each year.
Its yet another example of Banks thinking only of themselves and not their customers.

2015-12-21 13:15

We have lost HSBC, Halifax and I think a nationwide too and now we're going to lose our only bank in brockenhurst! Many businesses use this bank, the college students and the tourists too and not to mention normal customers of brockenhurst! Losing our bank I feel will be very bad for brockenhurst economy! I can not believe they want to close it and I hope this petition will make them reconsider.

2015-12-21 14:41

They should be closing Lyndhurst branch not Brockenhurst. So I have looked at the population of Brock and surrounding areas based on 2011 census - Brock had/has 3552 residents, Sway 2421 residents (Sway residents dont have Lloyds bank - used to I believe), and East Boldre has 616 residents (not sure about Boldre as think that may come under Brockenhurst) so MASSIVE TOTAL OF 6589 POPULATION AND yet we still have the Lyndhurst branch opened that serves a population of 2,347!! SO WHY DONT THEY CLOSE LYNDHURST ONE!!

2015-12-21 16:31

My local bank

2015-12-21 16:46

I used to work for Lloyds Bank in Brockenhurst and there were many old people who used the branch who couldn't get to Lymington.

2015-12-21 23:31

I live in Brockenhurst and we need a bank. Many residents cannot easily get to Lymington or Lyndhurst. Village communities need to retain their services or they will lose their heart.

2015-12-24 13:39

It's ridiculous to leave a whole community without a bank.

2015-12-24 15:31

we need our bank to be able to talk face to face instead of spending hours on the phone

2015-12-24 16:16

It's my local bank

2015-12-24 18:54

As the only bank in Brockenhurst the community needs it. I do not believe the figures Lloyds state for weekly usage.

2015-12-26 08:43

I use the bank a lot and life will be a lot less convenient without it there.

2015-12-27 08:32

Reasons have stated...live in Brockenhurst, been banking with Lloyds for 40 years. Loyalty counts for nothing in a greedy, profit driven world.

2015-12-27 08:34

One of four family members with Lloyds accounts. Will be ex account holders if they close this branch...

2015-12-29 10:46

I live in the local village of Sway and use Lloyds in Brockenhurst for all my banking because it is quicker and easier to get to do than having to go into Lymington where the parking is abysmal and one cannot do easily and quickly. This is a ridiculous, unthoughtful act by Lloyds.

2015-12-29 10:55

I have banked with Lloyds for 35 years + maybe its time to reconsider because they are not considering the genuine needs of the local people!

2016-01-02 14:34

Have been a customer for many years , my daughter has just opend her account at lloyds, both will change banks if they close brock branch, i shall be sending them an email saying the same hope everyone else does the same and perhaps they will reconsider

#20 Brockenhurst Lloyds Bank

2016-01-04 15:18

When HSBC closed in Brockenhurst I went into Lloyds to open a new account for the charity I was treasurer for.  The staff in Brockenhurst Lloyds advised they could not open a new account and I would need to go to Lymington to do that.  I didn't want to have to go to Lymington, that was the point!  I thought then that the writing was on the wall for Lloyds in Brockenhurst - they didn't want the business.

#21 Lloyds in Brockenhurst

2016-01-06 14:43

As a local business we use Lloyds in Brockenhurst every week for our banking needs.  To have to travel to Lyndhurst which would be our next local branch in the height of the tourist season (when the majority of our banking occurs) would be a nightmare.  We used to use two seperate banks but transferred them both to Lloyds as this was the local and convenient branch available. 

Also, I cannot see the logic in closing a branch which serves a lot of elderly people who are unable to use the internet or able to travel to Lyndhurst or Lymington for their banking needs.  

2016-01-06 15:53

As pensioners it is not always convenient to bank at Lyndhurst or Lymington. Perhaps Lloyds should be made aware of the inconvenience this closure will have on local businesses, college students, pensioners - or is the value of the site, if sold, more important?

2016-01-07 21:39

We need a bank and bank cash machine in village with many tourists

2016-01-09 10:33

It is the only bank left in the village. Brockenhurst needs this bank to remain open.

2016-01-10 17:52

I am a Lloyds customer and value the personal touch from their staff but also importantly as my work is local, it is very difficult for me to travel during the week to the nearest town and use either the bank there or draw out cash. It will be the loss of a bank, the relationships built up there with staff and use of cash machine. So many visitors use that cash machine during the summer that it is often empty before the weekend is over because of its use.