Save Manningham Pool

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Manningham Pool.

bruce barnes

#1 re save manningham baths

2011-03-13 14:14

This isn't just about cuts, loss of facilities, it's about trying to bring about a change within Bradford Council to its heritage. Bradford can't move foward without cherishing its past.
Cllr Mohammad Amin

#2 Save Manningham Pool

2011-03-14 02:18

Manningham Baths have been an amenity for the area for generations and is still widely used by senior citizens, School groups,(going around Manningham we often pass ,crocodiles,of school children walking with their yellow waistcoats on and carrying their swimming gear in a bag, even children from Heaton First School!)Asian women and young people.
Where would they go for this particular exercise which is vital to some people with phyical or muscular complaints and for the youngsters to learn to swim? It is a quiet place for these types of activities and a vital part of local life.
Joy Leach

#3 Save Manningham Pool

2011-03-14 11:02

Opportunities for local schools' swimming sessions are about to be severely curtailed by the closure of the Pool, removing the access to health benefit at a time of great concern for children's health.
In addition to the immediate costs to the Manningham neighbourhood there is also the threatened loss of yet ANOTHER piece of Bradford's heritage.
Naweed Hussain

2011-03-14 18:14

I think this will be very bad for the local community if this type of historical asset is removed from public use. The only thing which will happen to the building would be closure and dereliction to the listed building, like many of them in the district. I hope the Council will listen to all of our concerns with regards to this issue.
Asam Javed

2011-03-14 18:52

Save our Pool
mennower akhter

#6 Save Manningham Pool

2011-03-14 22:55

Ever since coming to UK some 36 years ago when i was a 12 years old ,i always enjoyed going to pool,and now my children are using them as well as many other children and elderly, please let the dream continue
bridget hayden

2011-03-16 17:44

where will i go?

2011-03-16 18:18

I swim there regulalrly as it is infinately more relaxing than joining the sardine race in shipley pool, which is overcrowded and unpleasant.

The pool in Manningham is magical to me. A place where cultural integration is made possible and peaceful. Everybody enjoys themselves there as the atmosphere is so pleasant.

It is one of the few things that makes living in Manningham worthwhile to me.

I don't see how they can say it is unfit for public use when so many of the public get so much enjoyment from attending it.

The amount of money the council would save upon it's closure is equivalent to the price of a single coronary bypass operation. Since many attendees have been referred by their GP's, won't the council lose money in the long run if they do not provide the facilities for gentle exercise that heart patients require?

I don't understand Bradford Council's motivation or attitude. It seems they have no concern for the welfare of our residents, or the heritage we have here.

The pool requires only minor repairs to the windows.

I will be extremely upset, not to mention less healthy if they go ahead with their closure plans.
Badr Patel

2011-03-17 01:28

Save the pool

#10 Re: re save manningham baths

2011-03-17 02:32

you know they have a "manningham masterplan" that states the importance of cherishing listed buildings?

I was horrified when I read it.

here's a quote:

"The Masterplan area includes some of the districts most beautiful and historic architecture and the green flag Lister Park. A priority of the Masterplan is to build on these assets improving the overall appearance of the area and encourage visitors."

see the rest here:

http://www.manninghammasterplan.co.uk/the-masterplan.php

Laura Sparkes

#11 Save Manningham Baths

2011-03-25 01:58

Save these beautiful Baths so everyone can continue to enjoy to swim here.
Yasmin

#12 the community needs the Manningham pool

2011-03-31 14:12

Bradford is expected to face more severe effects as a result of reductions in public expenditure. Within this context, BME communities are further disproportionately affected due to the over representation of BME communities in deprived areas such as Manningham. Bradford is a deprived districts and is also overrepresented in the deprived wards and super output areas in West Yorkshire. This means that the withdrawal of leisure services such as Manningham Pool, which currently support many of the local schools and the pool is used mainly by majority BME communities, hence the closure of the pool will have a disproportionate impact on our most vulnerable communities and it is essential to understand that this would also disproportionately impact on their health and well being short and long term.

2011-06-18 21:44

I work on lumb lane and my children have used manningham pool and the facilities. It will be a great loss for the community if the pool is closed.