Asbury Place Speed Limit Reduction & Sign

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Asbury Place Speed Limit Reduction & Sign.

2015-06-02 14:52

For years, Asbury Place neighbors have talked about & pursued the 25 speed limit. Hope this time it reaches fruition.

2015-06-02 15:29

I always drive slow in the neighborhood because of children playing. But there are a lot of people that don't.

2015-06-02 18:11

most cities' speed limits are signed "35mph if not otherwised posted", if people don't obey the 35mph, they're not going to obey the 25mph either

#4 Caution when turning in the main entrances directly behind people whose driveway is also there.

2015-06-04 11:00

The speed limit decreases to 35mph (from 45 mph) for eastbound traffic in front of the Asbury Place entrances. This decrease is widely ignored. Those turning into Asbury Place should reduce their speed even more and those who must make another immediate turn into their driveway must of necessity even further reduce their speed. While just trying to turn safely into my own driveway I have been subjected to horn honking, obscene gestures and even had a car cut between me and my driveway while passing me on the right.

#5 Re:

2015-06-04 11:04

#3: Guest -  

Unsafe drivers can already and should be charged with reckless driving or driving too fast for conditions (such as a two lane road in a residential neighborhood with no sidewalks). The key is law enforcement must see them doing it or someone must report it.