Protect the Elham Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty

Protect the Elham Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty / Announcements / Temporary Stop Notice in Place! / Comments

fatekitten

#1 Protect the Elham Valley

2015-05-08 14:10

Thank you,thats great news and down to your hard effort. Have we contacted MP's? Pressure on them, tends to get action, also can Shepway and Canterbury Council fund the extra costs involved with  a traveller site as, quite coincidentally an increase in crime and fly tipping seems to be triggered in the locality whilst and where they are in residence?

A question for Shepway is how did they give permission for 45 pitches in the first place, completely (as a camper for 50 years) innapropriate given location, space, flooding, area of natural beauty etc? The council have a duty of care to residents of the area and should act with due diligance. At best someone in planning has been negligent at worst....well I wonder!

Alistair Stewart stated he had an adrenalin rush when he became Chief Executive of Shepway...I suggest if this goes through he gets the Bums rush along with his planners!

2015-05-08 17:24

They were working there yesterday (Thursday 7th May) when I drove past.

2015-05-09 20:41

I can't believe someone would invest in a caravan site with 45 pitches unless it was guaranteed to be full throughout the year, bringing in a substantial income in ground rent. This site is one of the most distructful acts upon the landscape, of a beautiful valley , there is already a campsite which is off the
Elham valley, that can be used for the occasional camper.