Wellcat Food Collection Bins Scrapped at Sainsburys

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Wellcat Food Collection Bins Scrapped at Sainsburys.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-04-24 15:03

2015-04-24 18:47

I have supported for many years. They are a private homerun charity who need all the help they can get and as easily as can be collected in one place

2015-04-24 18:48

What possible harm are the charity bins doing? Why take away people's chance to make a difference?

2015-04-24 19:27

Yes I signed it

2015-04-24 19:31

Wellcat rely on donations such as these and it will be a huge loss to their charity, please reconsider

2015-04-24 19:54

Animal shelters rely on these food donations. 

2015-04-24 20:21

because i work for a cat charity in yorkshire and these food bins in store are a way to get people who wouldnt come to the rescue centre to help with feeding the cats, this is money saved for the charities that helps go towards vet fees and other neccesities that animal charities dont get because they do not get any funding from government or even from places like the lottery without fundraising ideas like these the rescues are in danger of closing which means more unwanted cats on the streets, dying and forming feral colonies that no one wants near their homes

2015-04-24 20:25

I support Well cat and what is the problem with a collection bin in a large supermarket

2015-04-24 20:54

What harm does it do sainsbury's? Animal charities could fold because of this

#10 Re:

2015-04-24 21:39

#1: -  

please dont stop the charity bins please.

2015-04-24 23:43

Help wellcat we need your help pauline is an angel please help x

2015-04-25 05:59

My little izzy is 15 years old without wellcat she would not have seen her first birthday.

2015-04-25 08:16

These little charities need support from these big supermarket,s

2015-04-25 12:23

I am shocked to discover that Sainsburys Head Office has decided that after 15 years of allowing animal food donation bins in stores nationwide; that this will no longer be possible! I am also disgusted that Sainsburys have advised the local self funded charities that need these donations, that they can have fund raising days instead!  Small charities do not have time or volunteers to host a fund raising day. When asked by Wellcat the reason behind Sainsburys decision they were told it was 'begging'!!!!!!!!!! How is allowing folk to willingly donate food into a bin that doesn't require a person in store begging ? Fundraising in store is begging; waving a tin in folks faces asking for money is begging. Sainsburys you do not make sense and I believe  this decision is false and just an excuse! You are also losing money from the stores where folk buy the food for the donation bins! so why in this day and age would you instigate something which is going to lose your stores income ?

A lot of charities will close because of this stupid decision, 80% of Wellcats' food comes from public donations. Bigger charities like the RSPCA and PDSA etc are well funded and have paid workers; lesser  known charities rely on the good will of folk who work for NOTHING in providing a better qualitiy of life for abused animals.I support and foster for Wellcat in Quinton Birmingham and I will never shop in Sainsburys again. I have started a petition and I am using social media as well as news media to make this a public issue. Sainsburys you do not make sense.

I will make it my mission to shame you along with other folks who support charities like Wellcat, they too are boycotting your stores!

Miss Mitchell

2015-04-25 19:56

This is so important please sign also

2015-04-25 21:31

I signed because Sainsbury's are being petty - it's not harming or inconveniencing anyone having the collection points in store. It's doing a lot of good.

2015-04-26 15:16

I fully support this charity and reconise their many many years of hard work and countless animals they have saved. Without this additional support they may have to go, these collection bins go a long way in feeding and saving many lives. Sainsburys Please reconsider.

2015-04-26 19:32

All animals deserve better care.