save hurst green childrens centre (sure start centre)

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition save hurst green childrens centre (sure start centre).

2015-02-05 20:43

Government or Local Authorities rules cannot compete with an understanding and caring environment created by Hurst Green Children Centre. Please keep in place so that its excellent work cannot be denied to children in desparate need.

2015-02-05 20:47

Save all Children Centres. Every single one is essential for their communities. Staff is professional and dedicated. Parents and carers feel supported and more confident in their skills.

2015-02-06 07:59

This children's centre is a valuable assess to the surrounding local rural community providing an easily assessable service to a large rural community some of who would not find travelling to find these services elsewhere very easy.

what a waste of resources a purpose built centre all newly equipped around 3/4 years ago.

please.let Hurst Green keep their Rural Sure Start Centre. The community needs it!!!!

2015-02-06 08:39

Sure start centre in hurst green was a godsend when I was a new mum

2015-02-06 08:52

Such an amazing centre. Always there even when the sign says closed.

2015-02-06 15:20

Save the childrens centre

2015-02-07 01:20

The Sure Start Centre is a part of the community and a very valued service. The centre has helped me out a great deal with my new born. It can't close....save our Hurst Green Centre!!!

2015-02-07 07:12

Please save

2015-02-17 12:03

Save Hurst Green Children Centre. This centre has been a major influence in both my childrens upbriging. It is a lifeline, support and comfort are always found here. This centre benefits so many familys in so many ways,  i find it obserd it should close. 

2015-02-18 20:27

This is an excellent service for local people and should not be closed.

2015-03-18 11:58

Extremely disappointed to hear that Holland & Hurst Green CC has been earmarked for closure under further spending cuts to local services. As a childcare professional working across this area, I cannot express strongly enough the essential role that the Children's Centre has played in the local community across the last few years. It is particularly disappointing that this centre is marked for closure and the neighbouring St.Pier's Children's Centre in Lingfield will likely remain open, despite frequent struggles for services at St Pier's to reach the families that really need them!

This area of Oxted is less economically prosperous and families there will struggle to get over to Lingfield to access similar services, whereas I suspect the same would not be so much the case the other way around! Cannot understand this decision and hope that it can be reviewed as soon as possible.