save hurst green childrens centre (sure start centre)

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition save hurst green childrens centre (sure start centre).

hannah reeve
The author of this petition

2015-02-04 17:08

Save our local childrens centre.

2015-02-04 18:41

Save Hurst Green Sure Start Center

2015-02-04 19:37

No way should be shut down. It helps so many local people

#4 Sarah

2015-02-04 20:17

Helped me when we moved back to the area

2015-02-04 20:33

We can't let this centre close down. It has been a major part of our lives with all the help & support they gave.

2015-02-04 20:34

So sad, such a important part of our community and always lovely place to go. We must save our childrens centre.

2015-02-04 21:22

Please save this centre. The staff are amazing and have given me so much help and support since having my children. It really is a big part of the community 

2015-02-04 21:29

Save the children's centre! A great place for early days and beyond. 

2015-02-04 21:52

The centre provided invaluable support for me when my two children were small. I was having big problems breastfeeding and suffered post natal depression. Without a local source of support and help I would not have coped. This valuable resource cannot be closed

2015-02-04 22:14

The Sure Start Centre at Hurst Green and Holland is the only dedicated community space for mums and children in the village. The centre has been a great help to me as a new mum for the last couple years. I cannot think of a better use for the space where it is located. Please consider the non-commercial benefits of this public service before determining its value. What a wonderful way for all new mothers to be introduced to motherhood (and for some of us, introduced to Hurst Green) through the Sure Start Centre.

2015-02-04 22:24

Sure start centers are vital For communitys!! The staff are amazing it lets the children play in a safe environment and gives the mums somewhere to go and chat and swap advice without the expense of coffee shops etc!! My son loves it and has help him progress majorly!! Seeing all the different ages At the group is lovly!! Without these sure start centers there's nothing for mums and babys to do at a low cost!! It brings the whole community togeather which most towns are lacking now!! 

2015-02-05 07:19

I can not see how closing a Children's Centre and taking away a safe, friendly place for parents to find out about: health, parenting, education, employment, life skills and so much more saves money! I know many people, especially young Mums, who would have never dreamt of the opportunities available to them without their Children's Centre.

#13 Save the centre. It's a life line for new mums and provides so much support.

2015-02-05 08:26

These centres are a life line, they help build confidence and offer reassurance to new parents. 

Closing the centre will increase pressure on local GP's in the long run and thus, wind up being more costly.

2015-02-05 09:04

A essential and vital service for the local residents. It would be such a loss.

2015-02-05 09:26

I don't use it myself but know how extremely important this facility is to parents in the area.
Malone

2015-02-05 11:18

Save Hurst Green sure start centre.

Monica

2015-02-05 13:46

Omg your not aloud to close you have help so many families out x 

#18 Don't shut our Children's Centre in Hurst Green

2015-02-05 13:49

All types of different families benefit from the Hurst Green Sure Start centre - please don't take it away. It is a lifeline for many as they are finding their feet - I know it was for me.

Cileste

#19 Hurst green children's centre is a necessity for us not a luxury

2015-02-05 14:31

Please save our centre , it is essential for us to keep our centre open . It has been a life line or in my case life saver, I have been there for education purposes (parenting puzzle) , we can go for health advice, life skills , parenting , I have been at my lowest and the wonderful staff have always welcomed me helped me . I really believe that I wouldn't be where and how I am with out them . It is essential for new parents , young parents , carers , midwives ,etc that our centre stays OPEN . As for the staff , wonderful people , so caring , loving ,welcoming and also essential. 

2015-02-05 18:25

Keep this Children's Centre open, it is a vital support to families in its community. X
Nanette

2015-02-05 19:37

The Sure Start centre has been invaluable to me when I first became a mum. It helped me meet other parents in the area, which was extremely important as I didn't grow up in the UK so didn't have any local friends in the area. I also received amazing support with my first born. I was given lots of support with breastfeeding, which encouraged me to stick with it through the challenging times. It was also my breastfeeding support person which helped get my son's tongue tie sorted out. We regularly use the centre for weigh ins and stay and play. The staff is amazing and it really would be a great loss to the community to have this centre closed down. 

#22 save hurst green sure start centre!

2015-02-05 19:41

The hurst green sure start centre has been an invaluable resource for both my children....It would be a tragedy if it were to close.  So many people use and need it.

2015-02-05 19:41

Please keep this valuable service 

2015-02-05 19:52

Be silly shutting this down - very valuable service to us mums

2015-02-05 19:54

Save hurst green children centre