Right to use sign language in educational programmes

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Right to use sign language in educational programmes.

Nelcy johana Sandoval Gomez

#201 apoya colombia de señas lenguaje

2010-09-23 07:18

vosotro colombia debe derecho con respeto  mi lenguaje de señas para nosotro de mundo de la republica debe igual colombia nunca deja por fa respeta a los sordos

Ivan Dario Gutierrez Rodriguez

#202 necesito derecho

2010-09-23 07:21

nosotro el repiblico de colombia necesito mi lenguaje de señas para mas importante el futuro

Diana Paola Quemba

#203 debemos derecho mi lenguaje

2010-09-23 07:27

obvio necesitamos comunicacion con los sordos de imforme mas con lenguaje mas importante nunca deja de los sordos de la comunidad de mundo algo necesito mi trabajo y mi carrera necesito algo muchas cosas...

pero mi no estoy de acuerdo de oyente debe igual a los sordos debe hacer igual no estoy pobresito nada voy hacer igual oyentes

Salvador Alejandro Gallardo Enriquez

#204 LSM MEXICO

2010-09-23 07:57

lenguaje de las señas mexicana

sergio antolinez

#205 sordo social

2010-09-23 08:12

objetivo sordo importante para mundo tiene libre y debe derecho algo cosa necesito... mucho gacias para mi idioma sordo

Elizabeth Moore

#206 An Impossible Ban

2010-09-23 08:13

Next time a teacher says, 'Put up your hand...'  Well, if sign language is banned in educational programmes they won't be able to.  Instead, the students will just have to shout out their answers, all at the same time.  Sign language, even in rudimentary expressions, is univeral, invaluable, and indispensible.  When it is developed to the same sophisticated level as spoken language, it shows humanty's breadth of skill and adaptation.  We all need language, and we need the one that is most accessible to us, so that our development and freedom of expression are not restricted.

2010-09-23 08:23

;)

Glenn Kwong

#208 What is Human Right???

2010-09-23 08:52

Human rights are "rights and freedoms to which all humans are entitled."  Proponents of the concept usually assert that everyone is endowed with certain entitlements merely by reason of being human.

I guess no congress really understand what that mean.  Congress can't take away their right to choose.  They would violated the First Amendment.  They shouldn't interfere family or personal matter.  Please stop controlling deaf people, children or babies.  You people are treating deaf like minority.

Mohammed Quadri Adelani

#209 Sign Lang a must for the Deaf

2010-09-23 09:22

I am strongly in support of Sign Language as medium of communication for the Deaf whether in or outside Education setting. All of us MUST unite with one voice against this perceived injustice.
André VIART

#210 AGAINST LANGUAGE SIGNS

2010-09-23 10:12

Par ce message internationl dont je suis d'accord afin de sensibiliser le monde des sourds .

Ce message permettra aux autorités politiques du monde de résoudre les divers problèmes majeurs dans leur vie courante en public .

Bien cordialement

Andrew VIART 

Easter-Lily Smith

2010-09-23 10:26

There should be a right to use sign language in educational programs. Discrimination against those needing sign language as an aide to LEARN and partake in society, is truly a violation of civil rights.

#212 Re: DEAF EDUCATION

2010-09-23 10:38

#21: SUSAN KIRIMA - DEAF EDUCATION 

I think the issue is not standardisation of signed languages.. I think the issue is more about hearing teachers who are not fluent in the language of the deaf community. Governments often do not require teachers to actually be able to communicate with their students.

Alexander Tetteh

#213 EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, CEPD

2010-09-23 10:42

Sign Language is the language the deaf understands, it therefore must be made a national language and be used in all our schools so that children can learn while they are young and when they grow they will not find it difficult in communicating with the deaf.

This will enable the deaf to be fully integrated into our society so they can also contribute to the National Development.

Femke de Vries

#214 language

2010-09-23 10:58

Please let everyone speak his own language!

Annette M Phillips

2010-09-23 11:07

I Annette M Phillips devouring support the Educational programmes for all Deaf, who use the sign language as their truly rights of sign languges.....

Sarah Lange

2010-09-23 11:16

:-)

Warren Kramer

#217 Types of Communication

2010-09-23 11:17

This petition I have just signed.... we cannot ban sign language.  Although I am more of a hard-of-hearing person, and mostly an Oralist, I do finger-spell sometimes to some deaf people, even though I find it very hard to read sign language.  But we need to recognize communication in ANY form to be used by all deaf and hard-of-hearing people... fingerspelling and sign language, writing on paper, writing letters through the post, the blackboard in schools, colleges and universities, the white board also in schools, colleges and universities, the overhead projector and similiar equipments, lip-reading, the Lap-Top, I-PAD and similiar computers, Mobile SMS, e-mail, You Tube, Facebook, Twitter, closed captioning, the TTY, Fax, Video-phone and any other forms of communication that may arise in the future.  ALL these forms of communication as stated above should be available for ALL types of Education for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing.

Thankyou.

Verhelst Hilde

#218 Go ahead

2010-09-23 11:27

Respect our language and culture!

Thomas Aravanis

2010-09-23 11:54

Unnecessary discrimination for the sign language because it is the most of communicative life for the deaf world. You can not remove the natural sign language and it developes the educational skills very fast. Unfortunately they always misunderstand and confused by theselves. Deaf people are incconet if they create to desteoy the sign language instead of the protection.

Felix Annor

#220 Sign Language is Vital

2010-09-23 11:58

Yes i support Sign Language

Emmanuel Sackey

#221 Sign Language and Deaf Education.

2010-09-23 12:18

In the era of inclusive development, the legitimate concerns of all Persons with Disability, including the deaf, should be given the neccessary recognition.

Sign Language is the natural means of communication for the deaf and must be recognized as such.

Gunilla Wågström Lundqvist

#222 It is time for it, if...

2010-09-23 12:45

ICED hasn't power enough to "force" all deaf school in the world  to use sign language in educational programmes.

Sandra Kühling

2010-09-23 12:55

1889 Mailand out

2010 Vancouver on

Gebärdensprache ist völlig anerkannt :-))

Charles Mtambo

#224 EDUCATE THEDEAF THROUGH SIGN LANGUAGE

2010-09-23 13:15

Sign Language is mother tougue of the deaf no matter at what stage in life one become deaf. It is the medium of communcation through which the deaf can excharge or share ideas and information most effectively.

The deaf can learn most effectively through the Sign language they understand just like able people use oral or spoken language. So preventing the use of Sign langauge in schools is the same as denying the deaf equel access to  education opportunity. It is an infringement on Deaf rights and should be strongly rejected in its entirty!

Chibesa Simbule

#225 Right to use sign language in educaational programmes

2010-09-23 14:28

In Education,the use and deaf teaching of sign language educational programmes within bilingual(Zambia Sign Language /English)learning environment is essential for some deaf children and adults.The early aacquisition of language is vital to the learning process and for some deaf children Zambia Sign Language will be more accessible than ssspoken language.

The importance of ssign language as the medium of communication aaaaamong the deaf... should be recognised and provision made to ensure that all deaf persons have access to high education in their national sign language.

Consideration should be given to the use of sign language in the education of deaf children, in their families and communities.Sign Language interpretation services should also be provided to facilitate the communication between deaf persons and others