Better support for landlords

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Better support for landlords.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-07-09 14:36

2014-07-15 10:26

In addition to the offence of assault on pub worker, we need to address the inbalance with regard to underages sales. The young person attempting to purchase should be arrested and prosecuted with the same vigour as bar staff who are caught selling to minors.

2014-07-15 10:36

I once was KO'd trying to stop a fight in a bar I was managing. I had headaches for a week, X rays on my brain and all the assailant got was a £50.00 compensation order which was paid to me at the rate of £5 per month!

2014-07-15 11:10

I have been punched on three occasions for the same reason i hope all the people involved in alcohol selling industry will support the cause

2014-07-15 11:24

I think it's an amazing idea what you are doing. And I could go off on a tangent of numerous things the government could help and support us more. good luck. And stay positive. Tomorrow is another day.

Warren
Sammax

#6 Re:

2014-07-15 11:36

#2: -

Responsible authorities duck out of this one. My refusal book shows three attempts by one 17 year o9ld girl in a shortn period. I know they have prosecuted one in the whole of Avon & Somerset in nearly 10 years. Would they be interesteed? Not a chance.

2014-07-15 11:42

We are expected to uphold the law and heavily penalised should we not, yet we are not protected from the minority of trouble makers who cause us injury, give us the same protection as you would the police, who are supposed to uphold the law too, but are afforded the full weight of it behind them, whereas we have little or no protection for doing the same job!!!

2014-07-15 11:47

I was head butted by a customer who was barred from my premises, he broke my nose. The CPS dropped the charges due to lack of evidence since it was not on cctv, not exactly the same kind of story as above but the more protection licensees nd staff get the better.

2014-07-15 11:56

I was assaulted about 4 months ago, and I'm sure if the people involved were aware that they would face 2 years in jail, they may have thought twice about it.
Paddawack2

2014-07-15 11:59

I was punched to to the ground over a week ago by a young man who took offence at me asking him to leave our beer garden because of his foul language. He was also drinking his own bottles of beer from a bog he had stashed out of sight. The police are still waiting for him to give himself up even though they know who he is and where he lives. I am in my sixties with various health issues and that one punch could have killed. see https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/bob.oakley

2014-07-15 12:33

Happily signed!

2014-07-15 13:31

Once again trouble makers have taken the law into their own hands, and have gotten away with it. What kind of message does this give? When will the legal system wake up from its complacency and make the punishment fit the crime.
john

#13 Re:

2014-07-15 16:36

#2: -

I totally agree that anyone under age should be charged and fined for attempting to buy alcohol, the police should actually do something about it, this might discourage some of them from doing this.

Chrissy

#14 Better protection for landlords

2014-07-15 19:00

This has been a long time coming why should we be assaulted,spat at ,cursed and threatened for trying to uphold the law .
I have had run ins with this type of lowlife over the years and it has basically ruined my life,I am in the process of selling up because me and my family cannot put up with this type of intimidation anymore and are in the process of selling up,putting 15-20 staff on the dole.
Wake up con-dems we are not getting the protection we deserve.

2014-07-15 22:56

it seem the law has forgotten that we are on there side

2014-07-15 23:06

Stand up for whats right

2014-07-15 23:08

My brother manages a pub. He goes above and beyond for his work, it's his life. This isn't just about support for landlords but their safety. People need to show them the respect they show every day.

2014-07-16 10:42

Spent many years as a licensee and always tried to work closely with local police until I needed their support and received non. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth when you don't receive the support you need when upholding the law that they have vowed to uphold and makes you wish that you had taken the law onto your own hands. But if you did a caution wouldn't be forthcoming as an example would be needed to be made for breach of trust in your position of responsibility .

2014-07-16 11:51

My parents own a pub and I would be heartbroken if this happened to them. You'd think with the licensing laws being so strict that the landlords who have more back up and more help and better support out there for such occasions! And this couldn't have happened to two nicer people! I am Shocked and outraged!
The lonebarman

#20 the law needs re looking at

2014-07-16 11:53

I have worked in the industry for 8 years and have similar things happen to my self yet the law seems to be on the side of the criminal them selves. Its about time that we stood togeather and get this sorted.

2014-07-16 14:47

Justice system is awful. My partner had a bottle thrown in her face (landlady) and all the customer got was community service. He also had 2 bags of cocaine and a bag of weed!! Unbelievable... Yet if she had thrown a bottle it would be her license and home that we lose. Absolutely disgusting !!

2014-07-16 17:55

My mum runs a pub so I will sign

2014-07-16 17:56

I really strongly believe everything should be done to prevent drink related abuse in whatever form ,I believe much money is wasted in dealing with drink related crime,in addition to this hospital staff have to give aid to these self inflicted drink related injuries and conditions when their time would be better served caring for really I'll people .I believe alcohol should only be available in licensed premises is pubs ,outdoors not supermarkets and cornershops ,that and open all hours to serve alcohol I believe is where the problem lies time for a u turn .

2014-07-16 19:03

i think its fantastic its about time us publicians had a voice

2014-07-16 19:31

I totally agree and just to add we adopt and absolute ZERO tolerance in our pub.