Save Austin Rawlinson Leisure Centre

Quoted post

2014-04-28 22:56

This is the only facility we have in Speke and the only swimming pool for miles, learning to swim is a very important life skill and should not be denied to the residents of Speke and certainly not the children, in an age were the population is getting increasingly obese surely it would make sense to encourage people to exercise more not less, this is a penny pinching short sighted move, in the long run costing the city a lot more in terms of ill health!! I urge the powers that be to rethink this closure for the sake of the health and well being of our residents who already live in a deprived area and a very well known deprived part of Liverpool at that

Replies

Disgusted_Scouser

#53 Re: Closing Down By Council... Everything Must Go!

2014-05-01 13:44:24

#10: -

I have a lot of sympathy with your cause. Our Council is shutting down important sections in areas that are supposed to be improving. The Estuary Business Park is one. The people working there would want to live in Speke to be close to work, but short-sighted Councillors haven't thought it through again!!! Take everything away, and what is there to entice people to live there, and also for companies to stay in the Estuary Park??? They get good money renting out the Estuary land, but don't want the locals to have any facilities. Awful!!! I don't know who to vote for now!! They all seem to be as bad as each other. Netherley was supposed to have Municipal Golf Courses, Fishing Lake, Running Track, etc. about SIX years ago. All I have ever seen is lorries making a massive mound around the area that was supposed to help youngsters have something to do. Is it a case that South Liverpool doesn't matter and shield the City Centre (Also known as the dump or ghost town!) and North Liverpool??? Our city is going down the tubes and Joe and the rest don't seem to care. What a shame to take the few good features and close them. Hang your heads in shame. Keep going people of Speke! Those of us in Lee Park, Belle Vale and Netherley support you.