Reinstate Mr. Thomas Leahy

/ #28 Kansas schools

2015-11-04 01:05

i grew up in Argonia and I have also seen the film in question. It is a very short film and it shows people how hard it is to be different.  People are bullied daily for not being society's view of "normal".  I am a pediatric psychiatric nurse and I see what the results of bullying can do to kids.  If they only issue was because it dealt with an alternate sexual reality then your community is filled with hypocrites and fools who don't deserve a forward thinking, compassionate individual to teach your children to love and respect others for their differences, not to grind out the life in those that are different!  Oh and I was bullied as a child and a teen, but I am a very strong person, with a great deal of faith in myself and who had a very loving family who supported me.  I also moved to a much bigger area where differences aren't that noticeable. Shame on you Conway Springs for taking your community backwards for your own selfish beliefs, allow your children to be taught love and equality not hate.