Pattenmakers

Emily Bowler

/ #32 Reply to Why Exaggerate?

2014-01-11 19:22

Hello, thankyou for raising some great questions.
I have some replies for you I hope they help you understand a little better.
We are hosting a public meeting at the Weston Centre in Duffield on Friday the 31st January at 2pm. Any of these type of questions are very welcome and we would like to be able to answer them for you.
Rent: The rent Enterprise are demanding as of April is indeed £23,450. The figure of £33,000 is also accurate. What has caused this is Enterprise Inns forcing us to use thier insurance, thier accountants, thier cellar maintenance and gas engineers amongst other things. Clearly Enterprise are also attempting to 'tie' us to other utilities and essential functions of the business which are more expensive through them. Adding these factors to the rent of £23,450 brings it to a total of £33,000 payable to Enterprise Inns.
I'm sorry you feel we have exaggerated this was not the intention.
Discounts: Firstly we don't sell Landlord because it's too expensive for us!
The discount of £50 a barrel that we receive is not based on what you imagine a barrel to be, its based on the trade definitions. A barrel in the trade is 36 gallons, thereas we typically use what is known as a firkin, which contains 9 gallons. So if you work that out what we receive on what is for most pubs a standard barrel size is actually a discount of £12.50. Not very helpfull to us considering the sky high prices Enterprise charge.
I can provide further price details and information to you if you would like them but I need time to find all our pricelists to give you relevant examples.
I'm not sure where the information on Landlord's website is or who it relates to but £85 discount per barrel is not what we receive. Different Enterprise pubs get different levels of discounts and support. I cannot speak for them as to how they decide who gets these discounts, however this is an issue we will raise in the public meeting.
I hope you can attend the meeting as it appears you have some genuine and intellegent questions.
I hope I have helped clarify things for you