Stop the Sale of Playing Fields at Epsom & Ewell High School

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop the Sale of Playing Fields at Epsom & Ewell High School.

2014-06-09 19:50

People who live in this area are happy....so why upset them just so certain people can have their pockets lined!!

2014-06-10 17:28

Spoken to the Local Guardian today - look out for it this week!

2014-06-10 20:12

It is a great asset of which theschool uses and also will mean it will harder to get around outing more traffic where it is not needed.

2014-06-10 21:09

we don't want this.

2014-06-11 16:02

There has been too much development in this area over recent years. This will cause even more congestion, and increased risk of children in local schools being exposed to risk of road accidents.

2014-06-11 17:35

I do not agree to this sale more4 housing in this area would lead tomore traffic congestion. Not have enough school places This appears to be anotherattemp to build houses on this site. This was turned down by the council planning committe after the residents protested sweveral years ago.
i

2014-06-11 17:39

The notion of "up to 100 new homes" on this site is laughable; ANY development will require massive restructuring of traffic, parking, public transport and other infrastructure issues in this already overcrowded corner of NE Surrey

2014-06-11 18:06

Another 50+ cars a day using Danetree Rd!! No thanks.

2014-06-11 18:35

I have put upto 100 possible houses on this site because i have to be careful not to scaremonger!!! The reality is prob about 150/160! We need 500 people to sign this petition before it gets presented so please get your friends and family to sign...we are putting pressure on everybody we can think of at the moment!!!

2014-06-11 19:12

I have lived opposite this field from the age of 11 to 21 then in Oakhurst Road for 32 years. The traffic is already horrendous in this area and the idea of another 100 homes on that field fill me with dread. All I can think is that someone is going to make a lot of money at the expense of the local people.

2014-06-11 20:59

Whilst understand the necessity for the school fully utilise its assets to encourage sports activities, the selling off of land for housing will cause traffic congestion in an already highly populated area. I currently use Scott's Farm Road to commute to work and there isn't much room to at the moment, so any futher traffic and parking will cause continuous gridlock.

2014-06-12 13:05

There has been a previous attempt at selling off the HS playing fields,in 2008 or 2009, but when some diligent residents unearthed official documents of public money having been assigned to the HS but not found or paid, the Headteacher and I believe some board members resigned and the plan was scrapped.
It is time to unearth facts and figures again. Protest alone will not defeat the cement mixers advancing on us as they already are.
Epsom &Ewell Council tax is steep. We must preserve the jewels of green that we contribute to keep.

2014-06-12 19:14

After seeing first hand the disaster that is The Hamptons in Worcester Park cause the rapid decline of the town, total gridlock on the roads as only Green Lane as an exit, increase in crime and anti social behavior and the general misery it has caused I will fight tooth and nail not to have the same thing happen on our own doorstep! I wish to thank the persons behind this website for giving us a platform to try and halt this absurd proposal.

2014-06-13 10:10

IF THIS PLAN GOES AHEAD IT COULD POSSIBLY MEAN COMPULSORY PURCHASE OF FRONT GARDENS TO FACILITATE INCREASE OF TRAFFIC.
ALSO, OVER RECENT YEARS AND STILL ONGOING, THEY HAVE BUILT ON ACRES OF 'GREEN BELT' LAND IN EPSOM AND EWELL WHICH THE GOVERNMENT STIPULATED AT ONE POINT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN

2014-06-13 10:32

There is no room for more people in this area! Leave us our space! I will stand in front of the diggers if needs be. Not everything is about money! If the school can't afford the up keep of the field, give it to the local residents!

2014-06-13 10:34

There is no room for more people in this area! Leave us our space! I will stand in front of the diggers if needs be. Not everything is about money! If the school can't afford the up keep of the field, give it to the local residents!

2014-06-14 08:17

Please NO more large building projects in Ewell.
Since the new housing on the hospital cluster the roads just cannot cope with more traffic. This is making it less safe for people to go about the daily business. In particular the health and safety of the children in the area on their journey to and from school. There is already a shortfall of school places so more housing will make the situation worse.
This project will make Scott's Farm Road a MAIN road, which could never cope. Ruxley Lane is already a major bottle-neck another 200+ cars will make it intolerable. Getting Doctors appointments is tough enough as well as getting hospital treatment. We really don't have the infrastructure to cope with any more building work in this area. Allowing more building here would mean the Planning Department have failed in their duty to protect the public interest and the public safety.
Don Corleone

#43 Re:

2014-06-14 08:41

#34: -

Consider putting this petition on Facebook and get your  friends to sign and make their comments heard.

2014-06-14 08:57

Ruxley Lane cannot cope any more with the current traffic load. Scott's Farm Road would need major widening and during off peak times would encourage much faster traffic making it very much less safe. Surrey CC policy is to reduce the amount of traffic near its schools.  Has somebody at Epsom & Ewell High School forgotten this policy?

There are 4 schools in close proximity to this site. Does EEBC really want to endanger the lives of its children for the sake of receiving more council tax?

If this proposal goes ahead then all the councillors on the planning committee need to be voted out at the next local elections.

Please NO MORE BUILDING PROJECTS in West Ewell and Ruxley wards, we are already the most populated wards in the whole of Surrey.

Why not ask the people of Woodcote to start sharing the burden? I am sure EEBC Planning will get their answer to that one.

2014-06-14 21:45

The planning permission will be granted no matter how many people sign petitions or complain ... They passed it for 91 houses next to nescot ... The great london sprawl has reached epsom and ewell now sadly !

#46 Re:

2014-06-15 09:23

#45: -

NESCOT will then have to pay for a By-pass road to bypass the By-pass.

Come the next local elections ALL the councillors on the planning committee need to be voted out of office.

2014-06-15 18:33

Sadly, like Nescot the only way schools and colleges can raise funds for much needed modernisation is to sell off their land. Ruxley Ward has increased in size over the past few years and to add anymore strain on the roads, schools, doctors, hospitals is crazy. Please rethink this one Epsom & Ewell.

2014-06-16 14:09

The surrounding area of the playing fields are already congested, there is insufficient parking areas along with severe traffic problems along Ruxley Lane and neighbouring side roads, namely Gatley Avenue since the new Tesco Express store opened and people park down Gatley Avenue on both sides of the road causing havoc to drive down the middle of the road.Also, with another new housing complex being built so nearby and another deluge of people there are not enough doctors surgeries, dentists and schools.

2014-06-16 21:08

Surrounding roads, schools cant cope with anymore housing.
this area is already at bursting point so please just leave us alone.ruxley lane, scotts farm road already struggle with the amount of traffic and its got worse since building of flats, tesco, and coop.
turning the pkaying fields into housing will have a devastating effect on the area.

2014-06-16 23:42

The traffic in this area is already far too congested as it is. It just cannot take building a further large number of properties and the traffic that will accompany it. I am especially concerned for the school children travelling to school with the extra traffic.