protect our children

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition protect our children.

2014-05-19 20:09

Excellent petition

2014-05-19 20:11

It's about time we done something about it, it's getting worse!!!

2014-05-19 20:25

it seems as its a childs area there is nothing getting done! children are the future. boundaries are needed and parks must be protected from children who wish to threaten others using bikes etc!

2014-05-19 21:15

In shard end these vehicles are constantly being ridden around the park, pavements etc. On Sunday 18th May 2014 there was a 11yr old boy with NO helmet and suitable clothing riding round the park and then into the fenced off childrens playground while young children were in there playing. The boy lost control and there was a very very serious accident. My young son witnessed this. It took police, ambulance and air ambulance. Not only should something be done to stop these vehicles being used in unacceptable areas but also underage children using them. This will help protect our children and keep them safe.

2014-05-19 22:11

Hopefully this will work as some think needs doing x

2014-05-20 08:22

About time these idiots get out of the parks and fields as my one year old boy last year was almost hit by one as he was playing ball on the field and also my dog such I think they aimed for on purpose had to calm police but they said nothing they could do even though I had photos.. please sign and share before someone else gets hurt xx

2014-05-20 08:50

Some think has to be done I live in longmeadow and all you hear are these bike coming up the road some think has to be done now.

2014-05-21 16:17

something needs to be done regsrding longmeadow park theres been one accident we dont want to see anymore our children playing on swings can not have the full benefit of the park when others are on their mini motorbikes and quads its not the place for them

2014-05-26 08:44

It's a shame it takes an accident for someone to take notice. This needs addressing and promptly.

2014-06-03 12:17

doesnt look like its going to get far. 53 signatures, not enough to get anything done. ive been told that theres around 28000 people which doesnt get a percentage of Shard end people. Unfortunately unless this petition get into treble figures there is nothing we can do about the quads, bikes, and pests who abuse our park and roads.
it is ashame as this was a good idea, someone doing something. :(

2014-07-05 10:38

About time that something is done about this problem.
Did you know that they want to build 70 houses on BABBS HILL?

#12 Re:

2014-12-03 19:05

#11: -  

THATS WRONG THAT IS! WELL I HOPE PLANNING PERMISSION IS FLOORED. IF IT IS TO HAPPEN IM SURE THE RESIDENTS WILL KNOW AND BE ABLE TO PUT IN A PETITION TO STOP IT. AS FOR THE ILLEGAL BIKES, THEY SHOULD BE PREVENTED FROM USING THE GROUNDS OF THAT PARK AND THE GREENERY SURROUNDING IT FULL STOP